HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2221  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 2:39 AM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
I actually voted for Haithcock. Her opponents said she was a do nothing and rubber stamp for the Mayor. Those seemed convincing arguments to gain my vote. See what happens when aldermen are left without adult supervision.



This X/O nonsense is aggravating. Were I living in Chicago...
     
     
  #2222  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 4:30 AM
i_am_hydrogen i_am_hydrogen is offline
tilted & shifted
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,588
Another shot of 340 OTP from today
     
     
  #2223  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 5:55 AM
Rocket1 Rocket1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 470
^^^^

Nicest looking condo tower in Chicago, IMHO.
     
     
  #2224  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 1:48 PM
jjk1103 jjk1103 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 878
...I don't know if this was discussed earlier ? ....but what is happening with Mo Mo ? it seems to have stopped dead in its' tracks ?
     
     
  #2225  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 2:49 PM
VivaLFuego's Avatar
VivaLFuego VivaLFuego is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blue Island
Posts: 6,510
Steely,
R+d659 is U/C, there's already some tubes in the ground.
     
     
  #2226  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 3:02 PM
Pandemonious's Avatar
Pandemonious Pandemonious is offline
Chaos Machine
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk1103 View Post
...I don't know if this was discussed earlier ? ....but what is happening with Mo Mo ? it seems to have stopped dead in its' tracks ?
I have seen progress on the curtainwall over the last few weeks. It is not stopped.
     
     
  #2227  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 3:18 PM
the urban politician the urban politician is online now
The City
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago region
Posts: 21,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
I know Citizens for Better Planning has invited Fioretti to discuss issues with them, but after today's pandering I think that invitation shoul be pointedly withdrawn. It is certainly a meeting I would have no interest in ttending.
^ Actually, this is all the more reason to meet with him, IMHO
     
     
  #2228  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 3:37 PM
i_am_hydrogen i_am_hydrogen is offline
tilted & shifted
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk1103 View Post
...I don't know if this was discussed earlier ? ....but what is happening with Mo Mo ? it seems to have stopped dead in its' tracks ?
There have been disputes about the glass.
     
     
  #2229  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 3:39 PM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,629
July 20, 2007

660 North State


30 West Oak


150 East Ontario

^ I think this is 150 East Ontario, but I'm not completely sure. The plot is really small.
     
     
  #2230  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 4:09 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
^ Yeah, that's it. The reason it looks small is that one of four buildings has been torn down so far.
     
     
  #2231  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 4:16 PM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
^ Yeah, that's it. The reason it looks small is that one of four buildings has been torn down so far.
Thanks, honte. That makes sense.
     
     
  #2232  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 4:22 PM
SolarWind's Avatar
SolarWind SolarWind is offline
Chicago
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,629
The Clare at Water Tower

July 20, 2007






^ The Clare is on the left and of course, Trump on the right
     
     
  #2233  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 7:28 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,832
A few shots of 340 On the Park, but from the inside.









     
     
  #2234  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 7:54 PM
Tom In Chicago's Avatar
Tom In Chicago Tom In Chicago is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sick City
Posts: 7,606
^nice. . . I wonder what their assessments are. . .
     
     
  #2235  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 11:06 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Fantastic photos Solarwind. I love that shot of 30 W. Oak. That is one gorgeous tower!
     
     
  #2236  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 11:09 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
340 On The Park - Kamin's Review in Trib

First, great pics Hydrogen and BVic.

Kamin has a superb write-up of 340 in tomorrow's Trib.

340 is just world-class design. Martin Wolf is easily one of our city's most skilled designers. Finally this boom is producing some really (almost) flawless towers - I'd put 30 W. Oak in the same category...
     
     
  #2237  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 11:46 PM
i_am_hydrogen i_am_hydrogen is offline
tilted & shifted
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,588
^Thanks. Random shot of Central Station from today:
     
     
  #2238  
Old Posted Jul 21, 2007, 11:50 PM
Marcu Marcu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by modkris View Post
This X/O news is ridiculous. I can't believe the Prairie District f*ckers just won't give it a rest and move on with their lives.
I wouldn't be surprised if some competing developers are twisting Fioretti's arm as well. There may be some major corporate money behind this.
     
     
  #2239  
Old Posted Jul 22, 2007, 12:22 AM
denizen467 denizen467 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,212
(Crain’s) — Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Inc. is opening a third Wow Bao restaurant at the northwest corner of State and Lake Streets in the Renaissance Hotel.

Wow Bao, a quick-casual concept that specializes in steamed Chinese-style buns filled with meats and vegetables, opened its first location at Water Tower Place in 2003 and a second in the southern Loop at Van Buren Street and Financial Place in February.

read more: http://chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=25731

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jul 23, 2007 at 6:44 PM.
     
     
  #2240  
Old Posted Jul 22, 2007, 12:46 AM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,832
I don't know if I posted this or not, but there is a possible 45-story building proposed for Wabash Avenue at Lake Street. It would be L-shaped and replace the ugly parking lot/garage that currently occupies the site. It would be build around the recently renovated MDA Apartments. It's being designed by SCB.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:13 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.