HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos

Old Posted May 15, 2007, 4:04 PM
My Spoon Is Too Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersar View Post
Yep. There are even some streets that are lucky enough to have a full canopy over (one of the people who was at the CUI meeting this past week is lucky enough to live on one of those streets), it's just the newer areas that are devoid of large mature trees.
Yes, my street rocks
Although I'm concerned as those Elms seem to be the last to bud, and the first to drop their leaves in the fall.. they're getting a bit long in the tooth.
Actually it's funny, a couple of years ago they filmed a Manitoba Telephone commercial on the sidewalk 1 door down from my house, with a buffalo (or bison..?) I should find the pic I took and post it. Guess the block looks like the tree lined streets of Winnipeg...

Last edited by DizzyEdge; May 15, 2007 at 4:12 PM.

Old Posted May 15, 2007, 4:06 PM
My Spoon Is Too Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
Great pictures. I like the shot of Sunnyside with it's quaint little houses. Hard to believe it's a few blocks from 40 and 50 storey office towers.
Yeah, being separated by the river makes the north shore a bit of an oddity, the steady upzoning from the downtown core has been somewhat reluctant to cross it, heading south instead, meaning you can live in a single family home neighbourhood just a couple of minutes walk from the core.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Area Photos & Videos