HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #421  
Old Posted May 11, 2007, 2:18 AM
BTinSF BTinSF is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco & Tucson
Posts: 24,071
Photos from 5/10/07

The tower now has 20 floors:



The excavation and shoring for the midrise section looks to me to be nearly complete:



     
     
  #422  
Old Posted May 11, 2007, 5:25 AM
Reminiscence's Avatar
Reminiscence Reminiscence is offline
Green Berniecrat
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond/Eureka, CA
Posts: 1,689
Nice update. That glass is looking good as usual and the midrise excavation looks to be bottomed out. I'm hoping the relatively small area will mean a speedy foundation pouring. Have they by chance completed the pedestrian bridge demolition?
__________________
Reject the lesser evil and fight for the greater good like our lives depend on it, because they do!
-- Dr. Jill Stein, 2016 Green Party Presidential Candidate
     
     
  #423  
Old Posted May 11, 2007, 1:39 PM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Everywhere all at once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SI NYC
Posts: 2,460
Yeah that glass is some of the best I've seen on this website. I can imagine how fantastic it will look when complete.
__________________
BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.
     
     
  #424  
Old Posted May 13, 2007, 6:31 PM
botoxic botoxic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Mission
Posts: 690
Nice facade shot from flickr

     
     
  #425  
Old Posted May 14, 2007, 8:29 PM
SFObserver's Avatar
SFObserver SFObserver is offline
Sunrise in The City
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 64
Pour Update

24th floor riser poured on Wednesday, May 9th.

21st floor deck poured on Friday, May 11th.

(My counting process is street level equals 1, and includes all mechanical floors and level 13.)

No progress yet on the pedestrian bridge demolition.
     
     
  #426  
Old Posted May 14, 2007, 10:04 PM
briankendall briankendall is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 72
Pedestrian Bridge Demolition

I didn't know the pedestrian bridge was going to be demolished. Were talking about the one over Beale Street right? Its for the best since its not really needed anymore. Also, I keep wondering whats going to happen to the bar and nightclub across the street from the Millennium on Beale it makes a lot of noise I wonder whats going to happen when all the tenants move in.
     
     
  #427  
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 3:59 AM
BTinSF BTinSF is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco & Tucson
Posts: 24,071
^^^It may be a while and I don't remember the details, but I think there's something proposed for there. It looks like a new building is there in this rendering:

     
     
  #428  
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 5:08 AM
kenratboy kenratboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,099
I'm sure looking forward to this building getting to 2/3 of its final height, its going to be impressive especially with Rincon and all the other stuff happening.

Good times in San Francisco, and thankfully I can be there in 4 hours to savor it!
     
     
  #429  
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 3:26 PM
bayrider's Avatar
bayrider bayrider is offline
None...
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,363
"Great mass transit! No Parking!"

Sounds good to me
     
     
  #430  
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 4:41 PM
roadwarrior's Avatar
roadwarrior roadwarrior is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^It may be a while and I don't remember the details, but I think there's something proposed for there. It looks like a new building is there in this rendering:

There is a lot of progress in the area, but I don't think its quite as ambitious as this diagram indicates (yet). The couple of UC's that I see across Folsom and Howard (near Infinity) are not in fact under construction as of yet. They still remain parking lots. I'd like to see them start to build these, but I'd be surprised if we see much movement in these lots for the next couple years.

I'd say that what we'd expect to see in the next 6 months in the area would be the beginning (or resuming) of construction on the 2nd tower of the Infinity and One Rincon, along with the beginning of construction on The Californian and also 45 Lansing (hopefully). However, with the soft market, it wouldn't surprise me at all if these developments stall even further.
     
     
  #431  
Old Posted May 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
fflint's Avatar
fflint fflint is offline
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 22,150
Hey guys, this thread is specifically about 301 Mission Street--let's try to keep the "rundown" discussions in the "rundown" threads, either in City Compilations or the Bay Area subforums.
     
     
  #432  
Old Posted May 16, 2007, 4:02 PM
botoxic botoxic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Mission
Posts: 690
I really like how Millennium is starting to look from afar, but due to its location, very few spots offer this vantage point. There's a millisecond view from the Bay Bridge that provides a stunning glimpse of the building - I tried to capture it on film many times without success...until this morning.

The quality of the photo leaves a lot to be desired, I realize:
     
     
  #433  
Old Posted May 16, 2007, 5:45 PM
BTinSF BTinSF is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco & Tucson
Posts: 24,071
^^^I wouldn't worry too much. In a few months you'lll be able to see it easily.
     
     
  #434  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 12:21 AM
BTinSF BTinSF is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco & Tucson
Posts: 24,071
I went down there and counted floors: Seems like the forms are in place for the 21st and 22nd floors. I believe they are doing about a floor per week, so it should top out around the end of the year.
     
     
  #435  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 6:38 PM
SFObserver's Avatar
SFObserver SFObserver is offline
Sunrise in The City
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 64
Photo from yesterday, 5/16/07

BT,
My count comes up the same as yours, they're readying the 22nd floor to be poured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFObserver View Post
24th floor riser poured on Wednesday, May 9th.

21st floor deck poured on Friday, May 11th.

(My counting process is street level equals 1, and includes all mechanical floors and level 13.)

No progress yet on the pedestrian bridge demolition.

     
     
  #436  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 7:04 PM
SFObserver's Avatar
SFObserver SFObserver is offline
Sunrise in The City
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 64
Here's the pour results since the end of January; 12 floors in 16 weeks:

Code:
Floor	Deck		Riser	
10th	1/29/2007			
11th	2/6/2007	
12th    2/21/2007            	
13th	3/2/2007	             		
14th	3/9/2007  	2/2/2007	   
15th	3/16/2007	2/13/2007
16th	3/23/2007	2/28/2007
17th	4/4/2007        3/7/2007	
18th	4/13/2007	3/14/2007
19th	4/23/2007	3/27/2007
20th	4/30/2007	4/3/2007	
21st	5/11/2007	4/10/2007
22nd			4/19/2007
23rd			4/27/2007	
24th			5/9/2007
     
     
  #437  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 8:50 PM
botoxic botoxic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Mission
Posts: 690
Photos from 05-16









     
     
  #438  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 9:07 PM
Complex01's Avatar
Complex01 Complex01 is offline
Endless Moments...
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas...
Posts: 2,917
Hmm, this building is coming along. I like the glass.
     
     
  #439  
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 10:33 PM
BTinSF BTinSF is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco & Tucson
Posts: 24,071
^^^I noticed yesterday that the color of the glass seems to match that at the corners of 50 Fremont across the street. I wondered if that was intentional.
     
     
  #440  
Old Posted May 18, 2007, 12:26 AM
NYC2ATX's Avatar
NYC2ATX NYC2ATX is offline
Everywhere all at once
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SI NYC
Posts: 2,460
that glass is some of the best I've seen. Phenomenal!
__________________
BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.