HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 8:28 PM
America's Hometown

California's cities are really underrated in their urbanity. San Diego is quite impressive and much greener than I expected. It seems when they would show it on TV from the blimp view over the football stadium the hills seemed barren and brown around it...

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNation View Post
California's cities are really underrated in their urbanity. San Diego is quite impressive and much greener than I expected. It seems when they would show it on TV from the blimp view over the football stadium the hills seemed barren and brown around it...
Not barren, but definitely brown...especially when you get a few miles inland. You should see it during our rainy season (right now) though. It looks like Ireland!!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
You should see it during our rainy season (right now) though. It looks like Ireland!!

He's right typically late fall and up to late spring coastal california landscape (mountains, hills) are green. During my 5 years up in Fresno, the driving along the rolling hills just north of the city very much resemble the lush green hills I seen pictures of in Ireland. Come summer they turn brown (golden state, lol), and the only thing that is green are the leaves on the oak trees.

I guess its kind of the opposite in the east where the winter months typically looks barren and dead, and here its green and lush for the most part. One thing different of course it all our trees are green in the summer, and depending on the type of trees in the area some loose they leaves in the late fall like the eastern part of the country.

Last edited by ChrisLA; Apr 16, 2007 at 2:11 AM.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 2:05 AM
Posh

Nice pics of Sandy Eggo, Kollyfornia

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos