HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2007, 10:16 PM
JBinCalgary's Avatar
JBinCalgary JBinCalgary is offline
Original Member since '99
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,634
the skyline is gonna look incredible sooon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokimon View Post
Saw it at the website, didn't he mention that some of the projects which you have put in, you could actually click on it in the pano to get linked to another page? That would be sweet.

Oh and as usual nice job wiht that nightime look, I notice in the pano that PLT is the new design.
He is still working on that I believe. The picture will be interactive, so you'll be able to click on each individual building. And as new updates are released, I will update the picture, so keep an eye on it!
Should be quite cool when he's finished with it. The guy is a computer whiz.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2007, 3:54 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Nice works man! Stunning as per usual!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 7:34 PM
tarapoto tarapoto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhatdan View Post
Very nice, looks so sharp...but please oh please I hope that montreax disaster doesnt get built!
I like those towers, but to each his own I guess. they probably could have done better on a lot of these towers, but there are some nice ones going up. I used to live in Guangzhou and all the tall towers were the real interesting ones, and all the short boring apartment buildings were in between. I hope that doesn't happen in Calgary
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Apr 13, 2007, 11:49 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
The Panoramic picture is now interactive @ www.condogallery.ca
So in case you don't know which building is which, they're now highlighted!
I'm also working on some other stuff.
Also, check out Condo Living magazine, and you'll see one of my renders in an Ad.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 12:09 AM
dubiousmike's Avatar
dubiousmike dubiousmike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 554
Astoundingly good, CtrlAltDel.

I'm having trouble keeping my tongue from hanging out of my mouth.

I hope like hell that FCC2 turns out to be that tall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:39 AM
Boris2k7's Avatar
Boris2k7 Boris2k7 is offline
Majestic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 11,960
Nice stuff. A few things are incorrect though. The labelled "Opus 8" is actually "Opus CPA Lands." The actual Opus 8 is at 8th Ave and 5th Street. This may be my fault when I was helping you out CtrlAltDel, but there are 3 IBM Campus buildings, so the south one is missing in the image.
__________________
"The only thing that gets me through our winters is the knowledge that they're the only thing keeping us free of giant ass spiders." -MonkeyRonin

Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:07 AM
JBinCalgary's Avatar
JBinCalgary JBinCalgary is offline
Original Member since '99
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,634
3 ibms, cool. i thought it was just the too
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:55 AM
skrish's Avatar
skrish skrish is offline
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Also, check out Condo Living magazine, and you'll see one of my renders in an Ad.
I just picked it up today and saw it. Congrats.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 4:36 AM
YYCguys YYCguys is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubiousmike View Post
....I hope like hell that FCC2 turns out to be that tall.
That is my first look at FCC2. Is that the official rendering? It looks absolutely amazing! I love the unique design of its upper reaches!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 4:50 AM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Also, check out Condo Living magazine, and you'll see one of my renders in an Ad.
Between your work on these renderings, and IntoTheWest's (I think) work on the 3D buildings for Google Earth.. I hope one or both of you gets a job out of this. Our appreciation is one thing, but seriously - you guys should be doing this for a living.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 5:01 AM
mersar's Avatar
mersar mersar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 10,083
No official rendering yet, that is based off a leaked rendering that got out late last year.
__________________

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:33 PM
Wooster's Avatar
Wooster Wooster is offline
Round Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,689
Are you getting paid for this work? You absolutely should.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:54 PM
IntotheWest's Avatar
IntotheWest IntotheWest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Okotoks (Calgary)
Posts: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Between your work on these renderings, and IntoTheWest's (I think) work on the 3D buildings for Google Earth.. I hope one or both of you gets a job out of this. Our appreciation is one thing, but seriously - you guys should be doing this for a living.
CtlAltDel renderings are getting better all the time...and I would agree, with the exposure they get on the news, he should be paid!

My obsession with the 3D models is just a hobby (along with art in general)...I'd be doing it for myself anyway, the fact that I can share with others that may appreciate it is my "contribution" to Calgary skyscraper/building enthusiasts.
__________________
Download Google Earth 4 "Calgary Downtown" Collection of buildings here - http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 11:25 PM
Flamer Flamer is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3


Hi guys I'm new, but when will this be done seems like ALOT 10 years?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 11:35 PM
The Chemist's Avatar
The Chemist The Chemist is offline
恭喜发财!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 中国上海/Shanghai
Posts: 8,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer View Post


Hi guys I'm new, but when will this be done seems like ALOT 10 years?
Welcome!

Other than the Exchange (the tall building just to the right of Bankers Hall - not the actual design), pretty much everything you see there should be finished by 2011. Exchange could be too, but since we haven't even seen a design released for it yet, I have my doubts.
__________________
"Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature." - Michael Faraday (1791-1867)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2007, 11:42 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer View Post


Hi guys I'm new, but when will this be done seems like ALOT 10 years?
Welcome to the forum. Have you checked out the construction thread? The first page has all of the projects with much more info, including which ones are u/c, approved, etc.. It will give you a good idea of the time lines we are looking at.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 3:36 PM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chemist View Post
Welcome!

Other than the Exchange (the tall building just to the right of Bankers Hall - not the actual design), pretty much everything you see there should be finished by 2011. Exchange could be too, but since we haven't even seen a design released for it yet, I have my doubts.
Heaven . . . I'm in heaven.
Man I hope the good times can keep on rollin' so these, and the other rumoured projects, can get built.
THANK-YOU Ctl-Alt-Del !
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 8:20 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Your welcome! Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm still more or less doing this as a hobby, and just trying to improve.
Here is a street shot I did, featuring Nuera, Stampede Station and a bit of Keynote. I'm thinking of just doing some more random future street shots like this, as I anxiously await the next big proposal to be released.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Apr 16, 2007, 9:24 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Your welcome! Thanks for the nice compliments. I'm still more or less doing this as a hobby, and just trying to improve.
Here is a street shot I did, featuring Nuera, Stampede Station and a bit of Keynote. I'm thinking of just doing some more random future street shots like this, as I anxiously await the next big proposal to be released.

Damn your skills are just kickass man!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:20 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.