HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1181  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizen467 View Post
I believe this one is the building that housed O'Neil's. The McCormick house is the one to the left, with the gabled roof partially visible.
This is a really peculiar way to demolish a building. I wonder if they're working without a permit. Or maybe it's easier for them to get permits for "renovations" instead of full-out demo permit, since that might require blocking off parts of the street, etc.

It reminds me of some of the stunts I've seen landmark owners try to pull to avoid scrutiny.
     
     
  #1182  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2007, 2:43 PM
trvlr70 trvlr70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs111 View Post
Yes..i always liked this building too for some reason...it almost seems like a new york style apartment/condo tower type instead of a typical chicago type..it seems like it will really add a nice element to that area.
I agree. The building has a nice taper. I'm happy to see some progress on this one.
     
     
  #1183  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 4:07 AM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
There is now a backhoe sitting in the parking lot at 235 West Van Buren.
     
     
  #1184  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 7:25 AM
Chicago Shawn's Avatar
Chicago Shawn Chicago Shawn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,834
Lexington Park has construction machinery on site, likley for potholing and scafolding is going up along Cermak.
     
     
  #1185  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 11:02 AM
Jaroslaw's Avatar
Jaroslaw Jaroslaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,792
Small map update. Will try to keep it current at least once a month. Hmm, maybe I should do this for all of Chicago???

I got the heights from the first page... for estimates, I multiplied the floor count by 10, and added 20 to that. There is a small mistake, 1720 S Mich should be 367, not 374. Added:

Glashaus 1327 S. Wabash 27f=290ft estimate.
1555 S Wabash 14f=160ft estimate.

Are those Roosevelt towers approved?

The Aristocrat Tower site is down, so maybe it is being redesigned indeed...

Moved Park Michigan (830 S Michigan) to the NE corner of 9th and Wabash.

390 is the height for the Curve...

Couldn't find the towers in the Roosevelt Collection under proposed at emporis, so I'll let it go for now... also, what is happening with 1546-1558 South State and 1555-1559 South Clark, how long have those been around???

Map is here:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=2649188&postcount=1152
     
     
  #1186  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:42 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
[QUOTE=Jaroslaw;2654604]Small map update. Will try to keep it current at least once a month. Hmm, maybe I should do this for all of Chicago???


If you can, that would be awesome!!
     
     
  #1187  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:44 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
AMLI 900 - Tower Crane up?

Sorry if this is old news, but looking down Clark Street I thought I saw a new tower crane that I'm guessing is at the AMLI 900 site...
     
     
  #1188  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:57 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
[QUOTE=Jaroslaw;2654604]Small map update. Will try to keep it current at least once a month. Hmm, maybe I should do this for all of Chicago???

I got the heights from the first page... for estimates, I multiplied the floor count by 10, and added 20 to that. There is a small mistake, 1720 S Mich should be 367, not 374. Added:

Glashaus 1327 S. Wabash 27f=290ft estimate.
1555 S Wabash 14f=160ft estimate.

Are those Roosevelt towers approved?

The Aristocrat Tower site is down, so maybe it is being redesigned indeed...

Moved Park Michigan (830 S Michigan) to the NE corner of 9th and Wabash.

390 is the height for the Curve...

Couldn't find the towers in the Roosevelt Collection under proposed at emporis, so I'll let it go for now... also, what is happening with 1546-1558 South State and 1555-1559 South Clark, how long have those been around???


If you get a chance, 2100 (the name The Avalon was also being used at one point) will be at 21st and Indiana - it's 28 stories, and I think the height is 320' but not 100%...
     
     
  #1189  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:57 PM
jpIllInoIs's Avatar
jpIllInoIs jpIllInoIs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,228
Carley has a new plan



Developer plans new tower
Carley to obtain site at Columbus, Illinois

By Susan Diesenhouse
Tribune staff reporter
Published February 27, 2007

While still under study, one concept might be to develop an approximately 70-story, $325 million tower, with a hotel of about 250 rooms on the bottom, Carley said. Above it would be perhaps 300 condominiums priced at roughly $750 a square foot, he said.


Full story...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0702270210feb27,0,3539790.story?coll=chi-business-hed
     
     
  #1190  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 1:59 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
235 W. Van Buren

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
There is now a backhoe sitting in the parking lot at 235 West Van Buren.
Given CMK's record, this is definitely one that could be under construction sooner than most realize...
     
     
  #1191  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 2:01 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Staybridge Suites

Has anyone ventured by the Staybridge Suites site in the last few days? In one of the recent articles, I think a groundbreaking date was mentioned - and I think it might have been last week...
     
     
  #1192  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 2:16 PM
trvlr70 trvlr70 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post


Developer plans new tower
Carley to obtain site at Columbus, Illinois

By Susan Diesenhouse
Tribune staff reporter
Published February 27, 2007

While still under study, one concept might be to develop an approximately 70-story, $325 million tower, with a hotel of about 250 rooms on the bottom, Carley said. Above it would be perhaps 300 condominiums priced at roughly $750 a square foot, he said.


Full story...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0702270210feb27,0,3539790.story?coll=chi-business-hed
That was a very positive article. I like his attitude. I hope his predictions of a continuous flood of new, downtown city dwellers becomes reality.
     
     
  #1193  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 2:25 PM
Jaroslaw's Avatar
Jaroslaw Jaroslaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,792
As far as I'm concerned, everything to do with Chicago real estate is interesting... but I guess by clicking on the link we boost ssp (those things get tallied).

I'll do the other maps this weekend, it's good for me to keep track of Chicago while I'm away...
     
     
  #1194  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 2:50 PM
TROCK TROCK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Look for a summer ground breaking on 235 VanBuren
     
     
  #1195  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 3:10 PM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post


Developer plans new tower
Carley to obtain site at Columbus, Illinois

By Susan Diesenhouse
Tribune staff reporter
Published February 27, 2007

While still under study, one concept might be to develop an approximately 70-story, $325 million tower, with a hotel of about 250 rooms on the bottom, Carley said. Above it would be perhaps 300 condominiums priced at roughly $750 a square foot, he said.


Full story...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0702270210feb27,0,3539790.story?coll=chi-business-hed
Another passage worth quoting would be "'I'm not out to set any height records,' he said, 'but I do want something tall, slender and spectacular,' such as the spire fashioned for him in 2005 by Calatrava."

My question is, will he aim for 1000?
     
     
  #1196  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 3:40 PM
Monkey36 Monkey36 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslaw View Post
As far as I'm concerned, everything to do with Chicago real estate is interesting... but I guess by clicking on the link we boost ssp (those things get tallied).

I'll do the other maps this weekend, it's good for me to keep track of Chicago while I'm away...
Jaroslaw, can you put a link to the [current] map(s) in your signiture?
     
     
  #1197  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 6:00 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
That was a very positive article. I like his attitude. I hope his predictions of a continuous flood of new, downtown city dwellers becomes reality.
Undoubtedly - it's a long term trend with a lot of forward momentum, as demographic and lifestyle trends will lend strong support for at least the next 10-15 years...indeed, the skyscraper boom (albeit with ebbs and flows) will be sustained through 2020!! Call me the ultimate optimist...
     
     
  #1198  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 7:10 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Lexington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Shawn View Post
Lexington Park has construction machinery on site, likley for potholing and scafolding is going up along Cermak.
I'm looking forward to this one. I think I had read that the developers are going for a LEED Certification - can anyone here confirm this?
     
     
  #1199  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 7:12 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Another passage worth quoting would be "'I'm not out to set any height records,' he said, 'but I do want something tall, slender and spectacular,' such as the spire fashioned for him in 2005 by Calatrava."

My question is, will he aim for 1000?
I definitely like Carley's attitude, but I just hope he has enough credibility left with the lending community to pull off an impressive project here...
     
     
  #1200  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2007, 7:15 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,350
The Intercontinental North Tower proposal is a hotel/condo building that is 71 stories and 850ft.
So I think a prety safe estimate for Carley's proposal is 850ft as well, at least for a roof height.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.