HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1161  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 9:00 AM
vxt22 vxt22 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 57
God, not Jahn or Gehry. ... more architects with reused and abused ideas. Get old fast. The best new designs going up by far are from Pickard or Pappageorge. SCB is overused and fail to produce anything interesting. Foster would be very intriguing.
     
     
  #1162  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 1:24 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,831
150 East Ontario

Posted by richardsonhomebuyers in the SSC threads:

These pictures were taken a couple minutes ago. Looks like there is some demo work going on.

Sorry they are a little blurry



[URL=http://imageshack.us]

I've heard that the developer will start to sell units in this building sometime this summer. There will also be a hotel on the lower floors. I also heard that demolition would begin in the near future, but this is sooner that I expected.
__________________
titanic1
     
     
  #1163  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 1:37 PM
chicubs111 chicubs111 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,249
^ wow...that project has been on the drawing board forever...im suprised this summer he is going to wait to start to sell units...not like he didnt have enough time to prepare to do it this spring?
     
     
  #1164  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 1:57 PM
Frankie Frankie is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 99
Does that mean that we can move 150 E Ontario to Site Prep/Demo? I don't know why but of always liked this proposal for some reason. But I really cannot be sure until we some better hi-def renderings instead of the watercolor rendering that we have now.
     
     
  #1165  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 2:38 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
Great, more demolitions without any secure knowledge that the deal will go through. I wonder if this is going to be some of the backlash from the Farwell deal?
     
     
  #1166  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 2:51 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,346
I've always liked 150 E. Ontario for the way the base integrates into the streetwall. It looks like it should add to the urban fabric.

But I liked it a lot better when I went down Erie by mistake and thought it would be replacing that white Amercian Express two-story at 150 E. Erie. Once I realized what it would be replacing, my enthusiasm waned a bit.
     
     
  #1167  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 3:39 PM
chicubs111 chicubs111 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,249
Yes..i always liked this building too for some reason...it almost seems like a new york style apartment/condo tower type instead of a typical chicago type..it seems like it will really add a nice element to that area.
     
     
  #1168  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 4:19 PM
spyguy's Avatar
spyguy spyguy is offline
THAT Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxt22 View Post
The best new designs going up by far are from ... Pappageorge.
You're joking, right?

Jahn may reuse a lot of ideas, but his buildings always have solid designs and use good materials.
     
     
  #1169  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 4:36 PM
VivaLFuego's Avatar
VivaLFuego VivaLFuego is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blue Island
Posts: 6,510
I can't believe they're granting the demo permits when it's anyone's guess if the tower will actually get built. Atrocious.
     
     
  #1170  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 4:55 PM
spyguy's Avatar
spyguy spyguy is offline
THAT Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,946
Edward Lifson reports that the board of trustees has approved a $7+ million restoration of 860-880 Lake Shore Drive.
     
     
  #1171  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 5:36 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
^ Well, that is great news. Thanks for posting this.

I wonder how much work there is to be done over there? It looks to me like it's in pretty good shape, from the outside. This is a good thing, because $7M doesn't go too far in today's world...
     
     
  #1172  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 6:22 PM
SamInTheLoop SamInTheLoop is offline
you know where I'll be
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,578
150 E. Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
150 East Ontario

Posted by richardsonhomebuyers in the SSC threads:

These pictures were taken a couple minutes ago. Looks like there is some demo work going on.


I've heard that the developer will start to sell units in this building sometime this summer. There will also be a hotel on the lower floors. I also heard that demolition would begin in the near future, but this is sooner that I expected.

I don't know - I have a feeling the market might not respond too favorably to this one - I'm not certain about this developer's level of experience either, which certainly won't help it in the current environment - with the market slower and highly competetive, developers with a consistently strong track record have a solid advantage in getting projects off the ground. Although I may be slightly biased against this one going forward, because frankly I was never a fan of the design. Also there are many other proposals in the Streeterville area that imo are so much better designed, I wouldn't want this one to capture any sales that could go to other nearby more deserving developments...
__________________
It's simple, really - try not to design or build trash.
     
     
  #1173  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 7:16 PM
chicubs111 chicubs111 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,249
^ This building is going to have a hotel componet to it so that will make it a bit easier to get off the ground..also maybe they might change it to apartments to better suit the market...The developer actually missed the boat on this one..this building has been proposed back when waterview was being proposed...he would of been ahead of the game if this tower was underconstruction now.
     
     
  #1174  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 8:36 PM
alex1's Avatar
alex1 alex1 is offline
~
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: www.priggish.com
Posts: 3,978
the Westin hotel being built out in Lombard is the ugliest structure I've seen built in years. Got a close up of it yesterday and felt bad for that village.
__________________
n+y+c = nyc
     
     
  #1175  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 9:03 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 30,523
the tower crane for the howard street station project up in evanston was erected sometime over the last two days.
__________________
"Missing middle" housing can be a marvelous middle ground for many middle class families.
     
     
  #1176  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 9:35 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,831
I don't remember if I posted this or not, but I noticed a backhoe on the Hotel Dana site last week.
__________________
titanic1
     
     
  #1177  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:08 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
So long as we're all spilling our deepest secrets, there is evidence of recent soil borings at the CMK project in South Loop.
     
     
  #1178  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:10 PM
Sir Isaac Newton Sir Isaac Newton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
So long as we're all spilling our deepest secrets, there is evidence of recent soil borings at the CMK project in South Loop.
235 West Van Buren?
     
     
  #1179  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
denizen467 denizen467 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
I believe this one is the building that housed O'Neil's. The McCormick house is the one to the left, with the gabled roof partially visible.
     
     
  #1180  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:29 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton View Post
235 West Van Buren?
Yes, sorry, I should have been more clear. And I guess it's more "Loop South" than South Loop. Sorry.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.