"What I can't stand is Cove properties, in Calgary they are doing some quality projects but here they are building utter —. Considering they are based out of Edmonton, you would think they would have put up a nice project or two."
write the city planners
letter to editor in the journal - dont be specific per se, but talk about — in this city.
write the developer
write the architect
only you can make the world hear
You forgot the nexus of the "no more —" movement its self: Mayor Stephen Mandel
Just to give bit of perspective, this project applied for permits back in June of 2004 and got their permit in Sept. 2004. I would hope we would not get the same thing today. This was before Mr. Mandel was in the house and before the Design Committee and the Urban Design Awards, and MADE in Edmonton lecture series, and a number of other influencing factors that are attempting to "raise the bar" or "impart the value of design expertise" or whatev.
I just moved downtown about a month ago and I LOVE IT!.. I live on 103rd and a bit off 100th ave.. soo close to everything
I can't belive how all or almost all COVES Properties in calgary are downtown or close to the core for current projects while edmontons are all on the outskirts of the map they have.. Whats with that?
Just to give bit of perspective, this project applied for permits back in June of 2004 and got their permit in Sept. 2004. I would hope we would not get the same thing today. This was before Mr. Mandel was in the house and before the Design Committee and the Urban Design Awards, and MADE in Edmonton lecture series, and a number of other influencing factors that are attempting to "raise the bar" or "impart the value of design expertise" or whatev.
just to give a bit of perspective, good architecture existed decades, centuries ago....not just since those were here.
With Icon I & II going up (is the second one going ahead for sure?).... will the sales of these units push for more high rise condo's to be built? (if the sales numbers are good that is) A better question might be, will the Icon towers even put a dent in fullfilling a need for these types of buildings?
Just to give bit of perspective, this project applied for permits back in June of 2004 and got their permit in Sept. 2004. I would hope we would not get the same thing today. This was before Mr. Mandel was in the house and before the Design Committee and the Urban Design Awards, and MADE in Edmonton lecture series, and a number of other influencing factors that are attempting to "raise the bar" or "impart the value of design expertise" or whatev.
I'm gonna let that defence slide... nope. It's like saying that Edmonton just got religion, even though religion's been around since....