I must admit, after I've let this one age in my mind a little, it's really starting to grow on me. I really would like to see some more detailed renderings now.
Well, I just checked www.340owners.com and guess what? They have 2 of the same preliminary pictures of Aqua on their website that we had posted earlier. Follow that link and click on Other Buildings in the right menu. Aqua should be listed.
Trump World Tower...except it's actually interesting to look at. With a cool glass color this could be truly wonderful. Hopefully the cantilevered floor plates will be stark white to heighten the contrast.
Great article. I like the design for Aqua, but obviously it would be great to find a better rendering in order to see what these undulations look like close-up.
eh. the base looks really nice in a 70s modern kind of way (something that Jeanne is really good at executing). The newspaper rendering doesn't do the tower any favors thanks in part to quality of a newprinted page but looks very similar to the original postings
Wow; Kamin likes this one. I take back any reservations I previously had. That guy is so hard to please, so a thumbs up by Kamin must mean it's sensational.
I am starting to think that Aqua would be much better if it is placed in the vacant lot which fronts NBC tower. That would greatly benefit Chicago river.
I am starting to think that Aqua would be much better if it is placed in the vacant lot which fronts NBC tower. That would greatly benefit Chicago river.
Or just get Studio Gang to design a tower for that site as well.