I like a lot of these. They're not tall, but their dense and the design seems solid. Though they could limit the number of proposed buildings with curved pitched roofs. I think I saw at least four.
The Avenue District looks okay, and I'm not sure about the Flats project, but I'm not feeling the Steelyard Commons at all. It's just another glorified shooping center, if you ask me. Pittsburgh continually changes it's image by the minute while Cleveland makes another pinhole on a sinking ship. That's what I don't like about it.
Thanks - this is thread is about projects in Cleveland. No one cares what you like about Pittsburgh - really, we don't. You're a broken record - get some new material.
Wow, MayDay, nice job on the rundown. Thanks. Most of these projects are really sharp. The Flats East project is a bit of a shocker, though - an extreme makeover.
Saw the Pinnacle on my last visit to town, and it looks great in person - clean, modern, well detailed. Hope the trend continues!
The Pinnacle reminds me of the type of flats that are being built all over South Africa at the moment...I'm fan of the architecture as well. It looks sleek and modern, and I think it always looks interesting when juxtaposed with earlier architectual styles.
good job. i was considering making a compilation thread for cleveland but i had no clue where to start. although many are not above 20 stories...i do think cleveland needs to get building again. now if they would only build the ameritrust tower it would be perfect...
I prefer the lakefront proposal for several reasons - it lends itself to further expansion towards the lake; it's a much less intrusive structure; and the fact that Forest City Enterprises retracted their riverfront proposal and then presented it again makes me question their motives. I should also mention that the new housing/construction in the lower portion of the Tower City/Riverfront proposal (across the river from Terminal Tower) is no longer a component.
Stonebridge Plaza is wow. Now that is imagination. What otherwise (and most any money-grubbing developer) would be constructed as a pure "box" is turned into elevated slanting walls and waves top and bottom.