Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext
What will the chattering classes at City Hall say? Those idiotic residnets not knowing what's best for them... 
|
I wouldn't necessarily call traffic engineers the "chattering classes".
Jokes aside the City spent lots of time speaking with residents about areas identified to stop short cutting - something that is quite common in Vancouver and I think this likely would not have been such a huge issue if it was permanent, like the St. George Rainway or the various plazas we have, West End parklets.
Now there was no budget for permanent infrastructure and this was more-or-less an interim or pilot solution. I assume the business would have been quite happy if the road closure in front of them allowed seating and more of a plaza atmosphere similarly to Main and 14th or Woodland Dr bridge.
Highly recommend a good chill on the bridge at sunset