HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1261  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2026, 6:31 PM
Richard Eade Richard Eade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nepean
Posts: 2,679
I expect that the storage cost will be on the ByWard Market District Authority (BMDA)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1262  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2026, 6:42 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Eade View Post
I expect that the storage cost will be on the ByWard Market District Authority (BMDA)
Which is funded by the City of Ottawa and through City of Ottawa properties. That's like saying "don't worry about OPS buying horsies, because OPS pays for them". At the end of the day, it's the City.

To be clear, in the grand scheme of things, I don't care about storage fees. I just wish we would have invested in making William pedestrianized all year instead of spreading that money for a bunch of seasonal junk, paint and art tarps. Btw, I don't think the Province has even approved moving the funds to all these random initiatives, so Sutcliffe may have spent $10 million we don't have.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1263  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2026, 6:49 PM
OTSkyline OTSkyline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,828
Anytime I've passed by, the space was always full, busy and animated. I dont think anybody could argue it was worst than it was before.

Having colourful art, pavers, live music, and places to sit and actually enjoy the Byward Market (outside of a patio) was very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.