HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 2:36 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,982
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2024, 11:15 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,982
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Sep 5, 2024, 7:49 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,107
This crane is set to grow. Tower sections have been onsite for a few weeks but now have been tilted upright and a jacking frame has been installed on the mast.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2025, 10:26 PM
RoshanMcG RoshanMcG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 558
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2025, 1:36 AM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,900
I don't know if the picture above is what I saw today, but I was going down Wright Ave in Burnside from it's highest point heading towards Windmill Rd this afternoon looking into the setting sun, and was struck by what appeared to be a very large building and crane going up somewhere on top of the hill on the opposite side of the harbour. Its silhouette was very dramatic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2025, 2:58 AM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,982
^It's this project. Driving down the long slope that is older Burnside has quite a stunning view of the stretch between Larry Uteck and Clayton Park West. This one sticks out so much because it's the tallest and at the crest of the hill so it's even taller. Similar to how Richmond Yards is more visible than Vuze or One 77 because it is at the top of the peninsula.

IMO the best angle of MZM Tower is from driving MacKay Bridge Halifax-bound. I make sure to get a nice glance when I can on my commute home.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Feb 27, 2025, 10:47 PM
terrynorthend terrynorthend is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,222
Noticed the crane being disassembled here today. Moving on to the next project I presume.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2026, 12:18 AM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,982
MZM TOWER (75 Wentworth Drive) is now complete.


HalifaxDevelopments.ca (Photo by David Jackson)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2026, 1:38 AM
OldDartmouthMark OldDartmouthMark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,539
Great pic!

Intriguing design - would the vertical section outlined in yellow be the location of the elevator shaft?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2026, 3:14 PM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,900
I visited the site for 75 Wentworth now that they are trying to rent it. It doesn’t have much info but does offer up floor plans for what I think are 10 or 11 different types of units. They call 7 or 8 of the variations “1 bedroom“ units with the remainder being 2 bedrooms. Oddly, none of the 1 bedrooms shows an actual bedroom, all being what used to be termed bachelor or studio apartments. They seemed mostly in the 700 sq ft range. The plan views didn’t show any obvious place for a bed. I didn’t see any indication of the asking prices.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2026, 1:38 PM
eastcoastal eastcoastal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I visited the site for 75 Wentworth now that they are trying to rent it. It doesn’t have much info but does offer up floor plans for what I think are 10 or 11 different types of units. They call 7 or 8 of the variations “1 bedroom“ units with the remainder being 2 bedrooms. Oddly, none of the 1 bedrooms shows an actual bedroom, all being what used to be termed bachelor or studio apartments. They seemed mostly in the 700 sq ft range. The plan views didn’t show any obvious place for a bed. I didn’t see any indication of the asking prices.
Perhaps they've updated the site now... https://www.themzm.ca/
Studios are listed as types A, B, and H; One Bedrooms as types C, D, E, and J; Two Bedrooms as F, I, and K; and the Penthouse as Type L (looks like it has three).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2026, 9:28 PM
Keith P.'s Avatar
Keith P. Keith P. is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
Perhaps they've updated the site now... https://www.themzm.ca/
Studios are listed as types A, B, and H; One Bedrooms as types C, D, E, and J; Two Bedrooms as F, I, and K; and the Penthouse as Type L (looks like it has three).
That is different from the site I visited, though the studio and 1-bedroom plans look similar. I saw no indication of 2-bedroom units at all on the site I found, so something must have been updated.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2026, 10:40 PM
eastcoastal eastcoastal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
That is different from the site I visited, though the studio and 1-bedroom plans look similar. I saw no indication of 2-bedroom units at all on the site I found, so something must have been updated.
The promotional wording on the site is pretty grandiose for what this building is... a "gift" to the city of Halifax? lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:41 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.