HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #24381  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2026, 2:26 AM
Jstange059's Avatar
Jstange059 Jstange059 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Chicago
Posts: 548
400 N Elizabeth



I believe I heard a rumor that the crane is not supposed to rise until sometime in September. I don’t remember where I heard this from though and am unable to verify the rumor

Last edited by Jstange059; Aug 9, 2026 at 2:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to add title
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24382  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2026, 7:52 PM
cloudbod cloudbod is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
Didn't wanna bug the workers by taking a pic, but I walked by 56 E Superior St and interior demolition is well underway for the residential conversion. The fact that the building got saved makes me so happy-- it's a beautiful little deco/gothic gem and I was sure it'd be flattened for some podium.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24383  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2026, 8:20 PM
OakAngeles's Avatar
OakAngeles OakAngeles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: West Coast ->MidWest Nomad
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbod View Post
Didn't wanna bug the workers by taking a pic, but I walked by 56 E Superior St and interior demolition is well underway for the residential conversion. The fact that the building got saved makes me so happy-- it's a beautiful little deco/gothic gem and I was sure it'd be flattened for some podium.
Always happy to see the historic character of River North taken into consideration. The residential towers have done a lot to add density and desirability, but the older buildings should absolutely be protected at all costs.

There's a new article on bizjournal (behind a paywall so I'm not sure of specifics) about the vacancy rates on the Mag Mile dropping so I'm curious to see what the next few years hold for that area.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2026/08/08/mag-mile-seeing-uptick-in-retail-leasing.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24384  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2026, 11:29 PM
lakeshoredrive lakeshoredrive is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 542
Was by Northwestern Hospital and saw they are already doing major site prep on the site where the new hospital building is going to be built.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24385  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2026, 9:46 PM
Jstange059's Avatar
Jstange059 Jstange059 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Chicago
Posts: 548
1227 W Washington

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24386  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2026, 3:52 PM
Blahshead Blahshead is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 80
333 East Huron -- Northwestern's new cancer center. Should this get it's own thread? I think it will be ~430 feet.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24387  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2026, 12:59 PM
dreamy-developer's Avatar
dreamy-developer dreamy-developer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 145
Saw this article from The Real Deal covering the 645 W Madison St development - seems like the original owner had to give it up.

John Buck surrenders West Loop development site to JDI after loan note fire sale

Quote:
Chicago-based developer John Buck Company’s surrender of a West Loop development site at 645 West Madison Street exploded into a multifront real estate battle, with alleged secret buyback attempts, bank merger pressure and a lender-versus-lender Cook County lawsuit.
This was the twin tower office development pitched back in 2023

https://chicagoyimby.com/2023/04/updated...-w-madison-street-in-west-loop-gate.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24388  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2026, 12:10 AM
sentinel's Avatar
sentinel sentinel is offline
Plenary pleasures.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CHI/MRY
Posts: 4,818
Newest render of 23 S. Sangamon, from the DPD twitter page:


https://x.com/ChicagoDPD/status/2090520848016781778
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24389  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2026, 1:44 AM
cloudbod cloudbod is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
^ What a sick design. My fav of all the proposals so far tbh. Excited to see the other sides!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24390  
Old Posted Aug 21, 2026, 1:49 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,896
Exceeds expectations. Let's hope the third (or fourth?) time's a charm.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24391  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2026, 11:56 PM
Jstange059's Avatar
Jstange059 Jstange059 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Chicago
Posts: 548
1227 W Washington

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24392  
Old Posted Aug 24, 2026, 6:58 PM
cloudbod cloudbod is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
New renders of 23 S Sangamon. Beautiful setback terrace design, reminds me a lot of No 9 Walton





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24393  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2026, 3:10 PM
cloudbod cloudbod is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Location: Chicago
Posts: 278
Looks like Urbanize has pics too:







Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24394  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2026, 3:23 PM
r18tdi's Avatar
r18tdi r18tdi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,896
I'm digging how the stepped square framing of the double-height window bays are a subtle visual nod to the Misty Fountain sculpture in the park (bottom left of rendering). Hoping the facade depth doesn't get VE's out.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24395  
Old Posted Aug 25, 2026, 8:30 PM
2PRUROCKS!'s Avatar
2PRUROCKS! 2PRUROCKS! is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 551
Agreed, there is a lot to like about this design and the facade depth is at the top of the list.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24396  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2026, 6:04 PM
mh777 mh777 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: River North
Posts: 259
According to Crain's there should be two new tower cranes in the air soon.

1000 W Jackson will break ground next week, and 7w Elm has financing and should be nearing completion of demo soon.

I did also notice the base for the tower crane at McDonald's park is in place so i'd imagine that will be erected fairly soon. I believe same for UC Development too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24397  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2026, 2:21 AM
Jstange059's Avatar
Jstange059 Jstange059 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Chicago
Posts: 548
400 N Elizabeth


Still waiting for the crane on this one to rise…
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24398  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2026, 2:25 AM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,833
2305 S. State St.

2305 S. State St.

09.15.26












Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24399  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2026, 5:28 AM
Jstange059's Avatar
Jstange059 Jstange059 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Chicago
Posts: 548
I think there is likely a negative percent chance that this will happen, but I thought I’d post it because why not.

I was randomly recommended this video by some organization proposing rebuilding the twin towers, which would be located in the area approximately bounded by Polk, Canal, Taylor and Desplaines. They have a 110 page document going into detail about their proposal, which shows that they clearly must be dedicated to their proposal, but I’ve found no signs of evidence showing that they actually have the qualifications to pull off such a massive project. Once again, I think there is absolutely no chance that this will happen, but why not share?
https://www.worldtechcenter.org/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24400  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2026, 3:42 AM
Planeboy17 Planeboy17 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 6
1% chance this happens but I do find it fascinating and obviously hope it comes to fruition but I can already hear the “ This is too painful to replicate”
“ Your just inviting another attack” and “ Why the hell is it in Chicago?”
Thanks for posting it Jstange.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:57 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.