HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 9, 2026, 5:22 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Oh, and this is our current Central Library at Laurier and Metcalfe, in the middle of the CBD.


https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-public-library-budget-4-employees-1.5007086

It replaced the beautiful old Carnegie Library in 1973.


http://urbsite.blogspot.com/2012/09/unforgotten-ottawa-carnegie-library.html
I had posted the above early on in the thread, back in 2020 showing the current central library and the Carnegie Library it replaced. What I didn't know was that Ottawa Rosemount Library, which is still around, was also a Carnegie Library.

Today is marks the first time I've seen the Calgary Carnegie Library that still exists. Thanks to MattBerryOfficial and Calgarian for informing me what this building was and is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
I can't think of a Billionaire today that has such a wide net of philanthropy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.