Amazing Victoria set. I never noticed the detail in the copper roof before, amazing! And Victoria has to be the quirkiest big city in Canada. It's like Canada's own Portland Or. Full of old Hippies, young Hipsters, and what appears to be a Wizard.
I always get a smile seeing the dog fountain at Berczy Park in downtown Toronto. such a whimsical, cool addition to the city. Designed by a Montreal landscape architect (Claude Cormier-RIP) no less.
Thanks TorontoDrew for your comments and the great Toronto set! Lots of variety and styles there and some killer shots. I follow most of the folks on Flickr but got a couple new ones now thanks to your post. Photography in TO is like shooting fish in a barrel, too easy, but it still requires skill to capture these next level shots. Doesn't hurt that it's probably the most colourful city in the country.
Not sure why we had never visited before, but Burnaby Central Railway in North Burnaby is affordable and very fun sight for the whole family!
The railway opened back in 1993 and there is now over 2 miles of 7.5-inch narrow-gauge track crisscrossing the forest.
The model society behind the park has built nearly a dozen beautiful train models in 1/8 scale, that pull train carts and people on the track.
All aboard!
Track network is very varied with several bridges and tunnels. There is a lot to see and experience and you want to do several rides to experience more.
You're always finding cool family things to do in the Lower Mainland - I guess having a young family is the motivation! Looks fun I'd love to see them add a mini elevated Skytrain to the mix and maybe one of the old retiring Skytrain cars onsite as well. Maybe it doesn't fit the theme of the place or not sure they would even have the space. Is there even such a tourist attraction? All over the world you see mini railway attractions but what about subway attractions? I guess the real thing is the ultimate experience, lol.
Thanks! Haha, yes, having kids is great motivation to explore a bit different type of sights.
With regards to railway history, there is actually a proper museum up in Squamish, that I have yet to visit. I believe at some point they did have a Skytrain car as well, but I am not sure if that's still the case. I remember reading something about it in the past.
Anywhere else in Canada with a floating airport restaurant that's mere metres away from the plane and also open to the general public and the drop off parking overhangs the restaurant? From parking to restaurant, terminal and plane in less than a minute, lol.
Yes - thank you Echoes, gorgeous photos! Saskatoon looks great in the summer and love the river walkway. What was the occasion in the picture where pedestrians are crossing the main bridge into downtown?