Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P.
I don’t know what I saw exactly, but today I took the Princess Margaret Blvd exit off the Circ today just before the MacKay bridge which puts you into Shannon Park. At the end of the ramp you get a view of a tower crane working just a couple of floors up right now with a typical poured concrete structure underway. Not sure what one it is or what the plans call for.
One thing I hope is in their plans is an elevated section of the road to be built over the existing level crossing close to Windmill Rd.
|
Hey Keith,
I've moved your post to the correct thread. The tower crane is up at what is the old Ocean Breeze Village, specifically at the two white buildings on the far right in the rendering below. Your post prompted me to google it to find some renderings and it turns out it has now been renamed and has a website for selling the development lots;

NovaNorthCommons.ca
There is also a rendering for townhouses (presumably Site 3) available on
WM Fares' Website
As for the rail crossing there are no plans in either Nova North or Shannon Park developments to upgrade it. It is a chokepoint that will get worse as the thousands of units come online. With the ramps to the 111/MacKay there is a way for general traffic to avoid the issue so it's not really a safety issue, rather it is just an inconvenience of being on the Dartmouth shoreline.