HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2026, 1:39 PM
3rd&Brown 3rd&Brown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishtown View Post
Such a wasted opportunity, and total lack of creativity. The view from the corner next to the water is fantastic and would be great for a quiet upscale restaurant or something, but no, need it unobstructed for the 50 people with houses on the edge.

Honestly I was briefly considering buying here but it's such desolate island with nothing to walk to, and I wouldn't have the patience to wait 10-15 years for that to change.
I don't disagree. There could have been a single retail space facing the water to accomodate a nice all day cafe or a Lucky Duck situation. In a few years, the trail will be connected and it would be very appealing to bike riders and pedestrians to just stop and linger for a while with insane views.

What started out seemingly as an interesting experiment in place making has turned into a completely banal cookie cutter reality. It will improve over time but I'm infuriated tbh.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.