HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #29  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2026, 8:25 PM
Myst Myst is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Posts: 295
The problem is that to attract business travel to Europe, an airline service would need to be a major carrier with at least a business class and connecting network or partners (AC, LH, BA, AF, KLM) flying to a major hub (LHR, CDG, AMS, FRA). I don't think it would need to be daily, but probably would have to be 3x per week for at least 6 months of the year to really serve that purpose. Condor, Edelweiss, or other leisure carriers largely don't manage to pull that business.

With the slots to those airports being scarce, I don't think even a significant subsidy would do it.

If I could make a wish, I'd say Aer Lingus to Dublin. I don't consider it likely, but it's the least of a stretch given they have A321XLR equipment, airport with capacity to grow, and a connecting network. But I'd very much bet against it until EI showed interest in airports like YEG.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:42 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.