Quote:
Originally Posted by csbvan
Well this is completely surprising. I love to see more hotels in our neighbourhoods. But the rental market must be looking a little shaky to lead to this flip in use:
|
I would view it more as Kalido looking for further opportunities following the policy change by the City last year to encourage new hotels. The previous rental project developer doesn't seem to be very established, with I think only one other rental project on West 10th, and there are a huge number of other rental buildings already approved across the city, and more every week under the Broadway Plan.
I'd guess it won't play well with some of the residents in the neighborhood. This was one comment on the rental building "The five storey (16.8m) development proposed would tower above the existing buildings in the area, and is simply "out of scale" for both the neighbourhood, and for the lot size."