It could have been much worse. Forecast was calling for quite a bit of snow starting yesterday afternoon, but it didn't really start until 9pm here in the city. About 10 cm in total, at least where I live. Annoying as hell but should melt within a few days.
We got up to 13 yesterday and should hit 14 today, which is roughly average for this time of year. As Nicko said, we're at least a week behind in terms of foliage. But the sun is very nice.
Happened to send jeddy1989 (in Lisbon) a photo today while we were chatting and he audibly gasped there was still snow
I am so 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 over it. And worst thing is I have TWO coworkers (Ethiopia and Bangladesh) for whom it's their first winter here. One did a year in TO first and kept saying it's stormier but more comfortable here. But I've lost even him. "Still snow? When is the last it could happen?" lol
__________________ Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
It's a beautiful sunny and calm morning in Halifax. Today we'll be above normal temps but it'll be back to below normal temps tomorrow and into the near future.