Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian
Saskatoon’s University Bridge set to reopen week of June 29
By CKOM News
Jun 15, 2026
Repair work on the University Bridge is expected to wrap up soon, with the bridge expected to reopen to traffic in the coming weeks.
|
Hmmm. I think they missed their target by a bit.
While I'm ragging on the City, 🞵🞵🞵 were they thinking when they decided to make 71st Street right turns only from Idylwyld for a 3 month period which coincides with the closure of Waneskewin Road. Access from Idylwyld southbound to 71st eastbound is needed more than ever during this time period. I believe it's a knee jerk reaction to the recent fatality at the intersection, but that was assuredly due to driver error, not an inherent flaw in the intersection.
I believe that the intersection of 71st and Idylwyld needs an upgrade if it is to remain open, due to steadily increasing traffic from highways 11 & 12 through the years, but wait until Waneskewin is open again. Friday afternoon I was entering the City from the north at 3 pm (not a busy time) and the the left lane of Idylwyld was at a standstill nearly back to 71st, backed up due to traffic turning east on Marquis. I shudder to thing what that road is going to be like from 7am to 9am on weekday mornings.