HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #7081  
Old Posted Feb 12, 2026, 6:27 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,084
https://issuu.com/centercityphila/docs/ccd_real_estate_development_report_2026

Center City Development Report is out and is a good summary of projects U/C, proposed, and recently completed between Girard and Tasker, as well as sqft breakdowns by use
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7082  
Old Posted Feb 12, 2026, 6:56 PM
3rd&Brown 3rd&Brown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
I live about 2 blocks from here. That stretch is very shabby. The renderings look very nice. This would be a great addition!
Not to mention an entity proposing the construction of a new school in the core of a central city is a huge endorsement of the city itself vis a vis the willingness of families to stay put when their kids hit school age.

We should be excited about this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7083  
Old Posted Feb 17, 2026, 8:14 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
CDR Submissions for March

-8 floors apartment building with ground floor retail at 4401 Ridge Ave in East Falls
-6 floor Hyatt Studios hotel at 1135-43 S Broad Street replacing the Broad Street Diner

https://www.phila.gov/departments/philadelphia-city-planning-commission/public-meetings/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7084  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 1:42 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
CDR Submissions for March

-8 floors apartment building with ground floor retail at 4401 Ridge Ave in East Falls
-6 floor Hyatt Studios hotel at 1135-43 S Broad Street replacing the Broad Street Diner

https://www.phila.gov/departments/philadelphia-city-planning-commission/public-meetings/
Hyatt looks awful.

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate/commercial/broad-street-diner-hyatt-studios-20260217.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7085  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 2:18 PM
3rd&Brown 3rd&Brown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,060
Weird. I think it looks very handsome, particularly for a location outside of Center City.

I love that we're starting to see hotels in neighborhoods outside of Center City.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7086  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 2:24 PM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I love that we're starting to see hotels in neighborhoods outside of Center City.
I had the same thought - really great.
__________________
I've been living under a rock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7087  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 2:52 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,084
I can see how it could look good in real life, but I had the same reaction to the render, but the colors seem just kind of washed out compared to real brick. Something about it looks kind of "2000s institution," rayher than hotel, but i cant put my finger on it. To be fair, it has to go through CDR so we'll see if they adjust it to any feedback. Edit: The ground floor interaction looks pretty bad unfortunately. Happy to see a hotel itself either way.

Edit: kind of funny that they're "preserving the mural", even though I lived there for a few years and never noticed this one. I would imagine they want and need windows on all sides, and isnt really about the mural

Last edited by PurpleWhiteOut; Feb 18, 2026 at 5:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7088  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 5:18 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
I can see how it could look good in real life, but I had the same reaction to the render, but the colors seem just kind of washed out compared to real brick. Something about it looks kind of "2000s institution," rayher than hotel, but i cant put my finger on it. To be fair, it has to go through CDR so we'll see if they adjust it to any feedback. Happy to see a hotel itself either way
Looks sort of suburbanish to me. It's good that it's a hotel. We need 10 more of those. I wish there was ANY new business that advertised "open 24 hours" ever again. That'll always be the one standard we fail on against NYC. It's a shame.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7089  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 6:10 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I had the same thought - really great.
As did I. Remains to be seen how it'll look in real life but I don't hate it at all.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7090  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 7:48 PM
PhilliesPhan's Avatar
PhilliesPhan PhilliesPhan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,365
I just took a walk through my old neighborhood of Francisville. All homes on the 19th and Cameron Street sides of the Francisville Triangle are nearly complete, while foundations have been laid on the Vineyard Street side. I also noticed that excavation is finally occurring on the Shirley Street side, which will house the mixed-use building! The only notably undeveloped/underdeveloped parcels left in the neighborhood are at 15th and Parrish (part of the lot is home to the Francisville Dog Park), 16th and Poplar, and the parking lot at 17th and Girard (which is currently fenced off and looks like it could be developed any day).
__________________
No one outsmarts a Fox!

Temple University '18 ']['
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7091  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 8:57 PM
PurpleWhiteOut PurpleWhiteOut is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
I just took a walk through my old neighborhood of Francisville. All homes on the 19th and Cameron Street sides of the Francisville Triangle are nearly complete, while foundations have been laid on the Vineyard Street side. I also noticed that excavation is finally occurring on the Shirley Street side, which will house the mixed-use building! The only notably undeveloped/underdeveloped parcels left in the neighborhood are at 15th and Parrish (part of the lot is home to the Francisville Dog Park), 16th and Poplar, and the parking lot at 17th and Girard (which is currently fenced off and looks like it could be developed any day).
Nice! Its crazy, I remember frequenylt taking Ridge Ave in 2012/2013 between Girard and Center City when it was almost entirely vacant. I dont live there anymore, but I LOVE lower/central North Philly. Its such an interesting place visually with lots of architectural gems
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7092  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2026, 9:00 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Looks sort of suburbanish to me. It's good that it's a hotel. We need 10 more of those. I wish there was ANY new business that advertised "open 24 hours" ever again. That'll always be the one standard we fail on against NYC. It's a shame.
6 floors is great for right there. There's far too many empty or underutilized lots on Broad from Bainbridge to Oregon. I wish someone would try to reopen South Street diner at Broad and South. The food sucked but a legit diner would do well there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7093  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2026, 2:59 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Weird. I think it looks very handsome, particularly for a location outside of Center City.

I love that we're starting to see hotels in neighborhoods outside of Center City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I had the same thought - really great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
As did I. Remains to be seen how it'll look in real life but I don't hate it at all.
This seems to happen most times I think something is bad and mention it here and I'm still somehow surprised every time. What I see:

Poor street level interaction all around
Lack of interaction with Broad or even the corner near Broad
Ugly sidewalk overhangs
Vinyl (?) siding mixed in cause why not?
Brick panels that will almost certainly look worse than the render
Incongruous appendage tacked to the south end of the building


Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Looks sort of suburbanish to me.
This would fit much better on the side of a highway behind a parking lot than a block south of Broad and Washington.

I'm not expecting the Marine Club, but come on, this is budget architecture.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7094  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2026, 7:15 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 570
1400 Frankford Ave

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7095  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2026, 7:51 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
Unmatched. That's a stunner.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7096  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2026, 8:04 PM
bdurk bdurk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Philly
Posts: 370
Canno really does not miss. Everything they do is great, this is also a great build for this plot of land. Excited to see this one go up!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7097  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2026, 7:17 PM
blart's Avatar
blart blart is offline
Fishtown & Country
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 567
Another Canno project. From a couple days ago.
Former site of the St. Laurentius church in Fishtown-


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7098  
Old Posted Feb 22, 2026, 3:33 PM
jaysb jaysb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: S.Hill
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
https://issuu.com/centercityphila/docs/ccd_real_estate_development_report_2026

Center City Development Report is out and is a good summary of projects U/C, proposed, and recently completed between Girard and Tasker, as well as sqft breakdowns by use
It’s curious that the spring garden Greenway is highlighted in here twice. Has anything moved forward with this? I remember being excited about this in 2012 and essentially nothing has budged since then.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7099  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2026, 2:19 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 570
Inter City Bus Station

The city proposed 3 spots for a new intercity bus station. I noticed the 8th and Arch location would take up the space where the African American museum currently is, so that would surely make the city start on the planned African American museum / tower on the parkway? I feel like the developer dropped out right?

https://www.archpaper.com/2023/08/philad...ing-two-sites-benjamin-franklin-parkway/

https://www.phila.gov/documents/long-term-intercity-bus-station-open-house/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7100  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2026, 5:20 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 901
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:11 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.