Three weeks ago we had that single highest snowfall in one day. Had a couple of light snowfalls since. Despite like two weeks of never going above zero after that snowfall, a good amount melted from the sun. Past one week has been pretty decent and the mild stretch we’ve been having is doing some damage to that annoying snow cover.
I actually thought of getting a cheap cordless battery snow blower before winter. I figured nah, it can wait. I bet this winter can’t be as bad as last winter. During that big snowfall I went out like 10 times to stay on top of things, especially since I also do my elderly neighbour’s driveway. Next winter I think I finally have to pull the trigger. I have other Ryobi stuff so looking at the $600 model with batteries. But for any model from anywhere, if it’s under a thousand, it doesn’t have a lever to turn the direction of the chute. You have to reach over and manually turn it every time. That’s how they get you to want to upgrade to the higher models. But there were probably only two days this winter where you felt like you really needed one, not just wanted one. But, a couple times on average over the next 10 years might pay off. Would still use it more though since I’d already have it, but just another thing to fill up the two sheds. Don’t know if I even have room.
This past Monday was quite possibly the coldest morning in like 10 years. My passenger wiper was resting on the windshield as normal, but when turned on it would swipe to the left, but two inches off the windshield. When returning to the right it would be two inches clear but then slowly drop back down to the proper position. Later in the day when it warmed up it was working again.
Here’s a fox 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 🞵 🞵🞵🞵🞵 or something in a parking lot from a couple weeks ago. And my BIL’s best friend lives up north and the past few years he’s been building this snowman. It started at 20 feet but this year they went all out and made it 33 feet. The benefit of this snowy and cold winter up there is that there was plenty of snow to make this giant and not much maintenance needed since it has been consistently been below zero up until now.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/barrie/article/el...-snowman-frosty-turns-heads-for-charity/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/barrie/article/lo...ot-snowman-to-inspire-joy-amid-pandemic/
This one in Timmins from a few years ago is taller though at 45 feet, but like mountains, prominence plays an important role in how it looks. Regardless, both are for food bank donations, so some real good work being done for the community.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/northern-ontario/article/giant-snowman-in-timmins-melts-hearts/