Quote:
Originally Posted by hehehe
Heyyy, we have LTO though! Even if you've joined the global club I bet you can't beat that!!! Man Latin America must be booming for demand, even if GRU is sketchy from YYC there must be something in the air, metaphorically and literally...
|
Latin America is definitely booming, with no sign of abatement, at least for AC.
I don't know if I said this here or on airliners.net, but I think WS chose correctly to go to a LATAM hub. They just chose the wrong hub. They should have started with LIM instead of GRU. It would have been 1500nm shorter (over 3hr flight time) each way ! Plus LIM is a better connecting hub, especially if your end destination is western or Northern South America. A vast majority of connections from GRU to other South American points involve a backtrack.
Choosing Medellin as their first foray into South America was a bit weird as well. We'll see if their route planning department made the right decisions soon enough.