Quote:
Originally Posted by Croon
Yeah I get it in that sense. And I agree the new logo was a waste of money and air time. They could have run the old main city logo through city staff/department purview, spend half a day on a refresh and call it a day, rollout out low key at minimum cost.
But all the effort they had to do to explain away hundreds of thousands of dollars comes short when a major multi-project expansion for a huge economic facilitator for the Austin metro (expansion at AUS) doesn't carry or salute the new city logo.
|
They didn't have an old city logo, which was kind of the problem.
The need for the branding (more than just a logo) was explained as "need for a seamless, unified brand system to help all Austinites navigate essential City services"
ABIA, as an enterprise department, doesn't really fall within the realm of essential city services. In fact, I'd guess 99%+ of people neither know nor care that the airport is municipally owned (or could guess at which airports in the US are or are not). In addition, the majority of users of the airport (and presumably growing, with additional connecting flights) aren't city of Austin residents.
So I wouldn't be surprised if ABIA never adopts the City of Austin logo, and there's arguments against doing so.