HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #521  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2025, 1:45 AM
ponyboycurtis's Avatar
ponyboycurtis ponyboycurtis is offline
Cigritbutt enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Blahttawa
Posts: 1,689
The way those windows and panels will form horizontal stripes it should visually exaggerate the height of the build.

So that's cool! Won't be long before this thing really starts to shape up.
__________________
I don't understand how communism works.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #522  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2025, 3:28 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,651
Looks like about 10 more floors for the taller tower, love it!

Beautiful shots btw
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #523  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2025, 11:06 PM
urbanforest urbanforest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 340
Not a great photo but here’s what it looks like looking down Laurier at Lyon (from a few floors up)

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #524  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2025, 4:14 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
First full row is done. urbottawa posted this on Skyrise yesterday:


https://ottawa.skyrisecities.com/forum/t...b-two-row-u-c.37152/page-21#post-2323957
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #525  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2025, 4:47 PM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,977
Not bad! I do wish the ratio of window was higher. I do have concern about the opacity of the building in the end. We shall see...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #526  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2025, 6:28 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
Not bad! I do wish the ratio of window was higher. I do have concern about the opacity of the building in the end. We shall see...
I think they did well with mostly glass on the lower floors, which should reduce that impact. Honestly there's more glass than I expected between the red parts. Should look really good when completed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #527  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2025, 6:43 PM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,977
Progress pic taken December 20th, 2025.

They've already added some lighter coloured red panels




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #528  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2025, 5:04 AM
urbanforest urbanforest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 340
Holy sh!t! This looks so phenomenally good. The years of anticipation have not been in vain. These will instantly become a landmark building for Ottawa.

Last edited by urbanforest; Dec 21, 2025 at 9:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #529  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2025, 5:37 AM
movebyleap movebyleap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 317
Wow! That looks sharp!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #530  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2025, 12:24 PM
BGO BGO is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 61
I bet no residential project will beat that one in the next 5 years. Hopefully I'm wrong
Maybe the 900 albert or the Sens project but don't see anything else in the pipeline for now. What about you guys?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #531  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2025, 2:31 PM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGO View Post
I bet no residential project will beat that one in the next 5 years. Hopefully I'm wrong
Maybe the 900 albert or the Sens project but don't see anything else in the pipeline for now. What about you guys?
Maybe the 50fl claridge tower on Carling, but i agree i dont see what else would rival this in the next 5 years outside of the Sens Arena district
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #532  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2025, 2:42 PM
movebyleap movebyleap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGO View Post
I bet no residential project will beat that one in the next 5 years. Hopefully I'm wrong
Maybe the 900 albert or the Sens project but don't see anything else in the pipeline for now. What about you guys?
The proposed "Denizen" development at 265 Centrum Blvd in Orleans looks pretty sensational! It could easily rival Odenak even though it's not in the downtown core. I sure hope they don't "Ottawafy" it too much. The current renderings are stunning!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #533  
Old Posted Dec 22, 2025, 3:06 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
I hope Denizen is built as proposed, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The old YMCA got a new tenant only a few years ago and we've seen no movement otherwise.

For Downtown, the Renaissance might provide a good counterbalance to Odenak as a landmark tower a bit higher atop the Escarpment.

Otherwise, yeah, we'll need to wait and see what else is proposed for LeBreton. It's taking a while for the Flats District proposal because it needs all new infrastructure within the site. Buildings won't be as tall, but will have a good impact on the skyline from every angle due to the location front and centre.

The Sens have the best chance of proposing the next landmark thanks to its more generous height allocation and the overall prestige of the project.

If the owner of the Apple Tree Clinic and parking around it has enough vision to propose something of significant height (hopefully 40 floors to avoid matching the Renaissance), then maybe.

I'd like to see a redevelopment of Ottawa Tech, the gym, parking and maybe the mid-century addition.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #534  
Old Posted Jan 2, 2026, 9:28 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Barely qualifies as an Odenak update.

If you squint real hard... you can't see it behind the smoke from the Cliff Plant.



You can somewhat see from this angle though. It will end up decently taller than Ascent (3 and 18 meters taller + slight elevation - being a little further) and the red should make it pop out from buildings that are shades of black, white and brown.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #535  
Old Posted Jan 3, 2026, 2:49 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,651
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are the most interesting towers built in Ottawa since I've lived here (1989). Releve being a close 2nd.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #536  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2026, 1:12 AM
SL123 SL123 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1,977
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #537  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2026, 5:25 AM
ponyboycurtis's Avatar
ponyboycurtis ponyboycurtis is offline
Cigritbutt enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Blahttawa
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
I'm still a bit curious as to why this building and seemingly only this build is using the slip 'protection' or walls as the structure goes up.

I would say it's because of a very busy podium that is almost their staging area but how is that different from Releve?

I never really realized it until this very photo.. but the 'square' of the floor plate actually has these 2 towers rotated 90 degrees to each other aside from the angled roofline. Rotating a very identical tower 90 degrees is hardly a novel idea but with the roofline sweeping the same way it definitely adds a point of interest I hadn't cued into before.

Hopefully this means the new tower proposal that is basically across the street on Laurier will need to keep their material game on point.

Possibly more importantly, the parcel next door between this and the Library will need to show up. Get a little bit deeper into Lebreton towards the War Museum I feel like I would allow a lesser exterior quality build.
__________________
I don't understand how communism works.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #538  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2026, 2:22 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
I wonder if the slip is partially because it's a wide open are with a lot of wind? Just spit balling here. Renaissance has a moving form, which I think is the first in Ottawa.

During Open NCC last summer, one of the guides mentioned the next phase to be auctioned off was across the street on old Slater, with a francophone high school included.

This will only leave the OCH project between Odenak and the Library, but they have a lot going on, so could be a while unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #539  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2026, 3:19 PM
misterg misterg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 23
Do we have any idea what retail is going into the podiums of these?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #540  
Old Posted Jan 12, 2026, 3:42 PM
J.OT13's Avatar
J.OT13 J.OT13 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterg View Post
Do we have any idea what retail is going into the podiums of these?
Here's the podium plan:





So we're getting a community hub (unclear what that means) and a bike shop. Daycare will be on the second floor.



I doubt they'll have a grocery store since the Food Basics is one station away. Some units could easily be combined to form bigger units. I would assume at least a restaurant and a coffee shop. Maybe a dépanneur. Maybe something needed in the area like a electronics store or hardware store. Hard to tell at this point, but it should fill up quicker than Zibi considering the location with an established population, a rapid transit station a few steps away and the library.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.