Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204
I say blow it up. Seeing Ivar Stenberg in a Jets jersey would be so awesome. We can blow up the team, and rebuild. It would take 3-4 years for results to surface, but it is better than just doing the minimum, watching our prospects bust (we do not have any notable prospects), and becoming NHL bottom dwellers for the next few seasons.
|
Yup.
I mean look at Buffalo. They're thriving right now and on their way back to the playoffs for the first time in over 15 years.
Detroit is also in a playoff spot for the first time in nearly a decade.
We are a team of almosts. Our window to the Stanley Cup with the current roster has narrowed significantly. If there's anything to live by, we got as far as the WCF, but that was 8 years ago now, and we lost key players since.
This team isn't getting any younger, and our core veterans may be looking somewhere else. If anything, I would dump Nyquist, Pearson, Schenn, and Koepke.