Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampduLarge
I share the disappointment. Moncton needs more infill that this meagre third proposal. Of the three designs, the first is by far the most attractive and would add the most residents to the area. I will say, though, that the most current proposal at street level on Botsford feels like the most accommodating of retail uses, and while the building is more or less grotesque, I actually think the ground level could be somewhat redeeming. Botsford has a lot of potential as a north-south commercial street and this will contribute to that, hopefully.
Thanks for sharing the images of the proposal over time, by the way. I bit depressing but very useful.
|
Thanks for being optimistic.
I think you may be right in that version #3 might have the most inviting podium for commercial/retail.
Version #1 had street facing townhomes in the podium
Version #2 had a retail podium, but renders showed mostly a blank brick wall without character.
Version #3 shows a podium with more windows and it appears the most inviting.
So, ignoring the truncated tower, the street presence of Version #3 may be better.
From whay I've heard, they have already secured a restaurant for St. Bernard Place, and it would likely be on the corner immediately across the street from Tony's Bistro. There could be some synergy there.