I don't think that this is climbing formwork, as there are no exterior concrete walls being poured. Rather it appears to be a climbing protective wall system, used to enclose the upper floors while under construction in order to minimize fall hazards and protect from the weather.
This angle from next to the Juliana really shows you the scale of those podiums. I think these will work really nicely with the scale of the museum down the street. Eager so see the sidewalk and bike paths restored on the northern side of Albert st.
__________________
I don't understand how communism works.
When I'm down there looking at all the activity, I get a sense of optimism and excitement. After nearly 60 years with very little progress (the bland late 70s, early 80s townhouses, a lonely War Museum, Claridge's underwhelming first few phases), it's amazing to see these 30+ storey towers and the landmark library going up. Knowing what's to come (if all goes well); many more towers that will transform the skyline, new schools, an aqueduct side entertainment district and of course an NHL arena and everything that will come with that, there's a great sense of anticipation.