For the record, no disrespect towards the indigenous peoples was ever intended in my post, and given my long history of sympathy towards indigenous people and immigrants/minorities and the challenges and issues that they face (a topic which has been a cornerstone of my academic research for more than 25 years, and something that is front and centre in my teaching), I am quite sure that most people here would know this.
I just enjoy wordplay, puns, and slang terms.
I spend a lot of time in Mississauga, as my in-laws live there, and we visit once or twice a month. While I dislike the stroads (a plague upon the landscape in the city where I now live), I am mighty jealous that Mississauga is getting an LRT line, and I am quite fascinated with the SimCity3000 happening around Square One. Plus, there are many great parks, and some amazing ethnic restaurants. All in all, Mississauga is better than the average Canadian post-war suburb.
Last edited by MolsonExport; Oct 31, 2025 at 1:30 PM.
|