HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #921  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2025, 9:48 PM
Malcsta's Avatar
Malcsta Malcsta is offline
Incurable optimist
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 279
Speaking of which, does anyone have any up-to-date photos of phase 1? I haven't seen any posted in here in a while.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #922  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 3:04 AM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 8,552
__________________
Winnipeg Act II - April 2024

Winnipeg Developments

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #923  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 1:12 PM
wags_in_the_peg's Avatar
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,858
17-Jul-2025 8am

__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #924  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 1:15 PM
Unbending's Avatar
Unbending Unbending is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 246
From the other side:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #925  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 6:36 PM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,583
I count 9 floors, does that mean the building is topped out now?
__________________
"Build baby build."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #926  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2025, 7:36 PM
wags_in_the_peg's Avatar
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRain&Snow View Post
I count 9 floors, does that mean the building is topped out now?
from my angle high above it appears there a membrane being installed so I would say Yes
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #927  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2025, 2:01 AM
WinCitySparky's Avatar
WinCitySparky WinCitySparky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,415
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #928  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2025, 4:48 PM
FactaNV FactaNV is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 2,380
.

Last edited by FactaNV; Aug 29, 2025 at 5:11 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #929  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2025, 6:36 PM
Cobb Nixon Cobb Nixon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Posts: 11
they picked the ugliest design for phase 1 it must be way cheaper. phase 2 looks really nice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #930  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2025, 9:12 PM
WinCitySparky's Avatar
WinCitySparky WinCitySparky is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,415
It’s mainly at- or below-market-rate affordable housing so yeah overall aesthetics probably not a priority to achieve that. Still eons better than the eyesore that used to be there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #931  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2025, 5:52 PM
Unbending's Avatar
Unbending Unbending is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 246
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #932  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2025, 6:17 PM
Biff's Avatar
Biff Biff is online now
What could go wrong?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,934
I have to say, the more it gets completed, the more disappointed I am getting. I always kind of thought I would give it the benefit of doubt until finished, but I am feeling more and more like we are getting a suburban Holiday Inn vibe in our historic Exchange district.

I know, I know...the boxy, brutalist City Hall is right next door, but I am just not feeling this one.

Hopefully Market Lands North can overwhelm this and subdue its presence.
__________________
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #933  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2025, 6:35 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,365
It's be nice to see a collated comparison of how the design evolved from competition winner to final build. It definitely got more holiday inn like as time went on. Is this one being clad with the photo voltaic material? Or did I mis-remember that.

One noted plus of the new bus routing, is I get a tour of Princess and King on a daily basis. Went by this site just an hour ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #934  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2025, 10:35 PM
wags_in_the_peg's Avatar
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 3,858
24-oct
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #935  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2025, 2:22 PM
neutroniks neutroniks is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I have to say, the more it gets completed, the more disappointed I am getting. I always kind of thought I would give it the benefit of doubt until finished, but I am feeling more and more like we are getting a suburban Holiday Inn vibe in our historic Exchange district.

I know, I know...the boxy, brutalist City Hall is right next door, but I am just not feeling this one.

Hopefully Market Lands North can overwhelm this and subdue its presence.

if anything, it'll make Market Lands North much more noticeable.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #936  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2025, 2:23 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,365
It's preserving the heritage of the district. or something.. Short and bland.

Driving around East Exchange area. And the new building on Bannatyne that got run through the ringer because it was a bit taller than zoning. It's barely noticeable. I guess that's the point. Just make everything blend. The extra 20' or whatever it was wouldn't make any difference at all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #937  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2025, 3:14 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I have to say, the more it gets completed, the more disappointed I am getting. I always kind of thought I would give it the benefit of doubt until finished, but I am feeling more and more like we are getting a suburban Holiday Inn vibe in our historic Exchange district.

I know, I know...the boxy, brutalist City Hall is right next door, but I am just not feeling this one.

Hopefully Market Lands North can overwhelm this and subdue its presence.

Maybe Market Lands North will rust all over it to give it some colour.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #938  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2025, 3:15 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It's preserving the heritage of the district. or something.. Short and bland.

Driving around East Exchange area. And the new building on Bannatyne that got run through the ringer because it was a bit taller than zoning. It's barely noticeable. I guess that's the point. Just make everything blend. The extra 20' or whatever it was wouldn't make any difference at all.
I love that building. Inadvertently, the height restriction gave it a better proportion than if it was taller.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #939  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2025, 3:21 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,365
It is a very nice building, you're right.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #940  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2025, 12:12 AM
Outlandish18 Outlandish18 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 40


Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:04 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.