HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2025, 3:06 PM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is online now
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I am no fan of the architectural style of Assumption Place. I have freely referred to it as a "brutalist concrete phallus, fully turgid and erect, and on display in it's full blown glory, unabashedly and shamelessly for everyone in the downtown core to marvel at (whether they want to or not)".
Tell us what you really think!

I probably like well-executed brutalism more than most. I think the issue with this particular tower is that it's just boring. It's 10 stories taller than anything else on the skyline, so it's mediocrity is jarringly in your face. If it had had a few comparably tall neighbours over the past few decades, I doubt anyone would give it a second thought.

My one nit to pick is the huge blank walls on several buildings.
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.088133,-..._ep=EgoyMDI1MDkyNC4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0885183,..._ep=EgoyMDI1MDkyNC4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0885647,..._ep=EgoyMDI1MDkyNC4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0873445,..._ep=EgoyMDI1MDkyNC4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:27 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.