Probably the last time I'll see it before there's nothing left to see. It's coming down quickly now. Demolition is a lot like construction, a lot of prep work, but when they start going it happens fast.
It seems fairly clear that an office tower will rise here. I'm reconciled to 343 Madison's design, but I really hope that we don't get an 850' glass box on this site.
That they did. Strange zoning diagram, I can't read anything. But, it does appear that the overall height is just above 1,300 ft (bulkhead height), with the main roof height at around 1,260 ft or so. Not sure if that's actual height, or includes elevation. But the zoning diagrams usually give us the actual height.
Another comparison to 655 Madison, which also has a retail base...
The base here seems to mirror the base of the GM building across the street, though it would be higher at 85 ft.....
Total square footage would give us roughtly 500,000 sf of zoned space, about 725,000 sf in total for the building. Retail would account for about 75,000, compared to about 69,000 at 655 Madison.