Quote:
Originally Posted by phone
Those damn Eastern meddlers are specifically trying to make Ottawa look big at Okotoks' expense!!! 
|
Well in all fairness. Calgary should include the Okotoks seeing as Ottawa seemingly included every cow, pig, and farm dog into their numbers. Both Carleton Place and Arnprior are further out of Ottawa then The Okotoks is to Calgary. Look out Renfrew and Brockville, you'll soon be incorporated!
On a more serious note, if those numbers are correct, then Calgary will also hit a major Milestone is less then a decade, with Ottawa and Edmonton not all that far behind. I'm old enough to remember when Vancouver's Metro was 1.5 million. I guess I was a demographics geek even as a child! 2035 may look like Canada having 3 cities with 2 million people, potentially 3 more (QC, Hamilton, and Winnipeg) hitting a million, and a couple more that wouldn't be too far behind that (London and Kitchener). I'm really looking forward to more cookie cutter subdivisions. Costcos, and strip malls in Ottawa!