HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4801  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2025, 3:48 AM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
159 Scott St has had the foundation wall poured:



The burnt house behind has been approved for a 4-plex and will probably be demolished soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4802  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2025, 3:57 AM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
435 Wardlaw Ave:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4803  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2025, 4:00 PM
bon_vivant bon_vivant is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRain&Snow View Post
350 River Ave is coming along nicely:

Hmm... well that's one way of making a box look more interesting. I'm not sure about the execution but they get brownie points for trying something different. I'm kind of digging it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4804  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2025, 4:16 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,371
I don't mind it. Gives me some Edmonton oliers logo drip vibes.

Also thanks coldrainandsnow for the updates!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4805  
Old Posted Aug 9, 2025, 7:16 AM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
51 Roslyn Road from the other side of the river:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4806  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 2:20 PM
lbnevs lbnevs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 145
Looks like there's a tenant for the main floor space in Zu (160 Osborne). Permits Online says 'Zu restaurant', no other details.

It's a big space - interested to see what's going in.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4807  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 2:54 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
Nice!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4808  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 3:56 PM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
Hooray!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4809  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 1:57 PM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
Walked by the Zu Apartments last night, there is definitely something going in on the ground floor commercial unit. Lots of HVAC equipment and steel stud walls. No indication of what it might be though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4810  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 2:47 PM
FactaNV FactaNV is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRain&Snow View Post
Walked by the Zu Apartments last night, there is definitely something going in on the ground floor commercial unit. Lots of HVAC equipment and steel stud walls. No indication of what it might be though.
Does it look like they're segmenting it for something smaller or the whole storefront?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4811  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 3:53 PM
Wpg_Guy's Avatar
Wpg_Guy Wpg_Guy is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 8,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRain&Snow View Post
Walked by the Zu Apartments last night, there is definitely something going in on the ground floor commercial unit. Lots of HVAC equipment and steel stud walls. No indication of what it might be though.
Zu Restaurant
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4812  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 6:12 PM
Mr Tall Forehead's Avatar
Mr Tall Forehead Mr Tall Forehead is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2024
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 908
Here’s hoping that name is just a placeholder.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4813  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2025, 7:03 PM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
It looks like the third and final building in the Zu Apartments complex, 430 Wardlaw Ave, is scheduled to open on October 1.

https://www.thezu.ca/floorplans
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4814  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2025, 2:43 PM
rebl rebl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 103
I decided to walk through the village this morning and boy was I happy I did. I was left with an impression that this area is densifying quickly. TV - I immediately noticed the size of the balconies in your building, both east and west facing. I walked around your entire building and I think it's a very clever design getting ample parking, CRUs and residential all in one area.

I also walked through and "under" the Zu complex, pretty neat way to connect the buildings. Not sure how it will age and how residents like it.

Fort Rouge park is a nice urban park that could use a little love - new or expanded play structure. I also understand the desire for a bike/pedestrian bridge there, although there was a lot of evidence of encampments at shore level which led me to not want to explore further.

I had breakfast at Buvette. Heuvos Rancheros was excellent. It's tucked away off the main strip but near enough Stradbrook that I can see it getting busy though the hour I spent there I was one of 4 customers (maybe expected for a Tuesday morning) It's a neat spot that I'd love to see stay open. Owner does a great job of making it feel like it's always been here even though it's been 3 years.

Despite the increase in density in the past few years there is still a ton of lots ripe for development. It will be great to see this trend continue for the neighbourhood.

Lots of contrasting architecture in this neighbourhood.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4815  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2025, 7:41 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
Nice....thanks for sharing....i agree, it is a nice neighbourhood....i really hope they can figure out the uptick in crime because the bones are there for an incredible community.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4816  
Old Posted Aug 28, 2025, 9:10 PM
winni_the_peg winni_the_peg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2025
Posts: 1
People say there has been an uptick in crime in the Village, but is there any solid data on that? In my experience crime seems to be going down there. For example I work in a shop in the Village and anecdotally there has been a pretty significant decrease in theft in the store since the police have started doing foot patrols in the area. I was chatting to the cops about this and they said they hear that from a lot of different stores. And the encampment at Fourt Rouge seems to have improved too. It used to be a lot worse there, with the tents up on or near the turf, but now it seems like they've been pushed back further into the bush. It actually seems like the park gets a fair amount of people using it these days, whereas before that didn't seem to be the case.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4817  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2025, 3:36 PM
reallycoolguy reallycoolguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2024
Posts: 54
I also see much less open drug use in the bus stops now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4818  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2025, 3:47 PM
rivercity rivercity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallycoolguy View Post
I also see much less open drug use in the bus stops now.
It’s nice out, just wait for the snow to fly
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4819  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2025, 7:30 PM
OsborneVillagDweller OsborneVillagDweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2024
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by winni_the_peg View Post
People say there has been an uptick in crime in the Village, but is there any solid data on that? In my experience crime seems to be going down there. For example I work in a shop in the Village and anecdotally there has been a pretty significant decrease in theft in the store since the police have started doing foot patrols in the area. I was chatting to the cops about this and they said they hear that from a lot of different stores.
There has definitely been a decrease in the packages from stollen goods, drug paraphernalia and other trash left behind Safeway. That section on Roslyn where the rocks, shrubs and hydro box are used to be really bad. I don’t think I’ve seen that kind of litter in several weeks

I still see the shoplifters running across Roslyn with hand baskets full of meat and stollen goods. Rather than head for the hydro box, they stop in the parking lots of the buildings across the street where they put their loot in their own bags and abandon the hand baskets

As much as I prefer using a basket rather than a cart, I wish they’d just remove the hand baskets
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4820  
Old Posted Sep 10, 2025, 4:36 AM
ColdRain&Snow's Avatar
ColdRain&Snow ColdRain&Snow is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,586
915 McMillian Ave has been appealed again. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time this project has been appealed now.

https://legacy.winnipeg.ca/ppd/PublicNotices/detail/APPEAL-25-174815%2FC
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.