Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore
That’s definitely a weird location, but it would also be a great addition. More of our neighborhoods could use something like that, especially if it had a coffee shop on the ground floor, people in the neighborhood could walk there. A bit of a local hangout.
|
I watched the Moncton City Council session that dealt with this on YouTube.
It was mentioned during deliberations that historically there was a convenience store on this property perhaps 25 or more years ago. Some of the council members remembered this.
This is curious since NIMBY forces are beginning to mount against this proposal. I guess the enraged citizenry responsible for the campaign must have moved into the neighbourhood after the original convenience store closed and was demolished.
Personally, I consider corner stores a major convenience for residential neighbourhoods. If I had a corner store within a 10 minute walk of my house, I know I would use it. Sometimes I just don'y feel like getting into a car and taking a drive to get a carton of milk.