HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4641  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2025, 2:12 AM
Hot_Onions's Avatar
Hot_Onions Hot_Onions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beean View Post
How tall would this even be? 25 stories seems pretty tall…

Also, what’s even the chance of it happening? It’d be super cool to get a skyscraper around the BSU area…
The article made it seem that this was simply a possibilty. I would be surprised if this proposal actually became reality. As for height, there is nothing listed, but assuming that on average each floor is 10 feet, which is standard for residential/hotel, you would get about 250 feet, or a little shorter than the US Bank Building. I'm not holding my breath, but any development along Broadway and the campus would be great.
__________________
Doing my best :)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4642  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2025, 5:07 AM
Mountain West Guy Mountain West Guy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2025
Location: Utah/Idaho
Posts: 1
Looks like Boise is rising
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4643  
Old Posted Aug 7, 2025, 1:20 PM
Evo5Boise's Avatar
Evo5Boise Evo5Boise is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,447
Love it, but as somebody who frequents Boise State football games a lot........that definitely 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 for tailgating.

I realize there are other areas, but surely that decreases the tailgating real estate. Unless they have plans to have that somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4644  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 2:43 PM
trails trails is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 109
West End - 28th & Fairview

Looking active at 28th & Fairview, finally. Dirt moving & a project trailer on site.

Anyone know what the final design was for this project, think I recall some townhomes?

Or is this lot just being leased out as a prep space for the CWI/River District project I've also wondered.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4645  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 3:43 PM
trails trails is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 109
Looks like it is the Finch (or Fitch if you read the usual BoiseDev typos as gospel) as proposed earlier this year - 4 floors, multiple buildings. Hope this momentum leads to something bigger in Phase II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trails View Post
Looking active at 28th & Fairview, finally. Dirt moving & a project trailer on site.

Anyone know what the final design was for this project, think I recall some townhomes?

Or is this lot just being leased out as a prep space for the CWI/River District project I've also wondered.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4646  
Old Posted Aug 10, 2025, 7:17 PM
taboubak taboubak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFBoiseJunky View Post
This IS awesome news. I was wondering how it would stack up against the tallest buildings in SLC.
I gotta say as an Idahoan who lives in SLC now. Its crazy that a downtown for an urban area that is about to hit 3 million, only has a 451 ft building as the tallest. Rumors are that will change soon though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4647  
Old Posted Aug 11, 2025, 6:09 PM
trails trails is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by taboubak View Post
I gotta say as an Idahoan who lives in SLC now. Its crazy that a downtown for an urban area that is about to hit 3 million, only has a 451 ft building as the tallest. Rumors are that will change soon though.
That is pretty sad, cause all those narrow streets and small walkable blocks in SLC are the perfect mix for an urban environment lol
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4648  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2025, 5:40 PM
don-boisedev don-boisedev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 15
We've got a new aerial video tour of downtown posted up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpyG8bMoeA
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4649  
Old Posted Aug 15, 2025, 6:25 PM
Evo5Boise's Avatar
Evo5Boise Evo5Boise is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by don-boisedev View Post
We've got a new aerial video tour of downtown posted up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpyG8bMoeA
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Loving the density Boise is getting.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4650  
Old Posted Aug 16, 2025, 9:06 PM
Craxo's Avatar
Craxo Craxo is offline
Craxo
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Veterans Park/Shenandoah West, Boise
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by don-boisedev View Post
We've got a new aerial video tour of downtown posted up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpyG8bMoeA
Wow the AC/Element is really filling in that area of the skyline. It looks so good.
__________________
GD YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@craxoGD
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4651  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 5:34 PM
Panner Panner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boise
Posts: 48
Curious - Is the Union Block building downtown repairable? I know the owner and city are in litigation, but why haven’t the structural issues been resolved so the building can be usable?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4652  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 8:15 PM
Hot_Onions's Avatar
Hot_Onions Hot_Onions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panner View Post
Curious - Is the Union Block building downtown repairable? I know the owner and city are in litigation, but why haven’t the structural issues been resolved so the building can be usable?
https://boisedev.com/news/2025/02/07/union-block-collaboration/

This is the last I have heard anything regarding Union Block. I don't think either party wants to see the building torn down but as far as I can tell the courts are expecting both sides to figure out a solid time line to get the building back in stable and usable condition.
__________________
Doing my best :)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4653  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 8:53 PM
don-boisedev don-boisedev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trails View Post
Looks like it is the Finch (or Fitch if you read the usual BoiseDev typos as gospel) as proposed earlier this year - 4 floors, multiple buildings. Hope this momentum leads to something bigger in Phase II.
You're right, it's the Finch, which was a typo on our Project Tracker (it was correct in the story.) I've fixed it, and you made me feel kinda crappy on a Sunday afternoon. So congrats to both of us, I guess.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4654  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2025, 11:46 PM
Beean Beean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Posts: 27
Anyone know what happened to Saltbox?

I was looking through the BoiseDev projects, and I’ve been wondering about Saltbox. 12 stories with a hotel and apartments? That sounds dope! What happened to it?

https://boisedev.com/project/saltbox/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4655  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2025, 2:16 AM
don-boisedev don-boisedev is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beean View Post
Anyone know what happened to Saltbox?

I was looking through the BoiseDev projects, and I’ve been wondering about Saltbox. 12 stories with a hotel and apartments? That sounds dope! What happened to it?

https://boisedev.com/project/saltbox/
Last time I talked to Casey Lynch he was waiting for construction costs to come down and for rents to catch up. That's been a bit, and since he's starting to moe forward on the Finch, maybe it's a sign of life for some of his projects?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4656  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2025, 1:09 PM
Panner Panner is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boise
Posts: 48
Thanks for the link. I’m still wondering why the owner doesn’t hire a structural engineer to develop a stabilization plan rather than accepting the city’s stabilization requirements. Maybe the owner thinks the foundations are stable enough in their current condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Onions View Post
https://boisedev.com/news/2025/02/07/union-block-collaboration/

This is the last I have heard anything regarding Union Block. I don't think either party wants to see the building torn down but as far as I can tell the courts are expecting both sides to figure out a solid time line to get the building back in stable and usable condition.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4657  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2025, 4:06 PM
mhays mhays is offline
Never Dell
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 21,264
I've always loved that building.

It's not easy to renovate a building while it's occupied. The owner probably shouldn't try to thread that needle.

(PS, the reporter needs some grammatical help!)
__________________
"Alot" has never been a word.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4658  
Old Posted Aug 18, 2025, 4:53 PM
Beean Beean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by don-boisedev View Post
Last time I talked to Casey Lynch he was waiting for construction costs to come down and for rents to catch up. That's been a bit, and since he's starting to moe forward on the Finch, maybe it's a sign of life for some of his projects?
That’d certainly be welcome! I really hope that things like saltbox, ovation, and even 8th and River all take off pretty soon as construction costs fall!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4659  
Old Posted Aug 26, 2025, 3:19 AM
Beean Beean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2025
Posts: 27
If the London is truly cancelled, what’s going to go in where that property was? I feel like that space could still be a prime spot for development! Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4660  
Old Posted Aug 27, 2025, 2:21 AM
Craxo's Avatar
Craxo Craxo is offline
Craxo
 
Join Date: Apr 2024
Location: Veterans Park/Shenandoah West, Boise
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beean View Post
If the London is truly cancelled, what’s going to go in where that property was? I feel like that space could still be a prime spot for development! Any ideas?
I want something at a similar height to it. That height range is something that Boise is missing and it would look really nice if there wasn't a bunch of smaller buildings with 3 (soon to be 4) large buildings dominating the skyline above them.
__________________
GD YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@craxoGD
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:29 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.