HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2025, 5:58 PM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,570
San Francisco Planning Notice - 2/21/2025 saw this public notice on the fence at 30 Van Ness. Glad to see there is still activity happening. I may live to see a highrise built on this site!

30 Van Ness Notice
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza resident 55th year in 2026 - (the building everyone loves to hate :------>))
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2025, 10:40 PM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842
Very nice!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2025, 4:55 AM
crones81 crones81 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 13
Did the City ever come to an agreement with the developers on how to move forward on this one?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Jul 25, 2025, 11:39 PM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,570
7/25/2025

Last night a mobile crane was brought onto the site. Is this project about to be restarted?? I would love to see this built before I die!

30 VAN NESS
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza resident 55th year in 2026 - (the building everyone loves to hate :------>))
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Jul 25, 2025, 11:40 PM
Jerry of San Fran's Avatar
Jerry of San Fran Jerry of San Fran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,570
I have not heard if the city has approved the changes
__________________
(Essex) Fox Plaza resident 55th year in 2026 - (the building everyone loves to hate :------>))
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2025, 3:10 AM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
I have not heard if the city has approved the changes
https://sfyimby.com/2025/03/meeting-tomorrow-for-30-van-ness-avenue-san-francisco.html

^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Nick Yale | July 15, 2025 at 11:32 pm | Reply
It looks like the construction crane that was dismantled last year signaling the demise of the project is going to be returned based on a memo from lend lease given to tenants in nearby buildings.
. I hope this means what it looks like that this huge investment already made in the foundation will now have a structure to go up on top of it.
I want to believe this means the project changes sought in March were approved.
__________________
Rusiya delenda est
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2025, 10:00 PM
whitty whitty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
https://sfyimby.com/2025/03/meeting-tomorrow-for-30-van-ness-avenue-san-francisco.html

^^^^^^^^


I want to believe this means the project changes sought in March were approved.
It would be excellent if this were true. This is supposed to be an anchor property for The Hub. No one wants another Oceanwide Center. This property still has the same owner developer, so the city should do all it can to facilitate changes to avoid it being another pit in the ground surrounded by blight.

Now if only Oceanwide weren't saddled by insane debt, legal issues, contractor leans, etc... that was the coolest building this city would have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2025, 1:16 AM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842
Fingers crossed!

@Pedestrian, welcome back!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2025, 3:32 AM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post

@Pedestrian, welcome back!
My ability to roam the city is limited these days--just had my 80th birthday. But I decided to check in to see what was happening beyond my range and came across a couple of questions I thought I could answer.

I think I see a crane somewhere in Civic Center probably east of Larkin (over by the new UC Law housing building) and I have no idea what that is. As I reported, I have a good view of 750 Golden Gate which is now up to the 4th floor (I think it's going to be 8 floors so not quite a "high-rise").
__________________
Rusiya delenda est
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2025, 9:34 PM
AndrewK AndrewK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
My ability to roam the city is limited these days--just had my 80th birthday. But I decided to check in to see what was happening beyond my range and came across a couple of questions I thought I could answer.

I think I see a crane somewhere in Civic Center probably east of Larkin (over by the new UC Law housing building) and I have no idea what that is. As I reported, I have a good view of 750 Golden Gate which is now up to the 4th floor (I think it's going to be 8 floors so not quite a "high-rise").
The Tower (100 McAllister) is undergoing a major remodel:

https://plantconstruction.com/projects/uc-law-sf-100-mcallister/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2025, 6:19 AM
Pedestrian's Avatar
Pedestrian Pedestrian is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
The Tower (100 McAllister) is undergoing a major remodel:

https://plantconstruction.com/projects/uc-law-sf-100-mcallister/
Thanks. I didn't realize that would need a crane.
__________________
Rusiya delenda est
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2025, 3:21 PM
gillynova's Avatar
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Austin / Bay Area
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
My ability to roam the city is limited these days--just had my 80th birthday. But I decided to check in to see what was happening beyond my range and came across a couple of questions I thought I could answer.

I think I see a crane somewhere in Civic Center probably east of Larkin (over by the new UC Law housing building) and I have no idea what that is. As I reported, I have a good view of 750 Golden Gate which is now up to the 4th floor (I think it's going to be 8 floors so not quite a "high-rise").
Happy 80th birthday Pedestrian! You have been truly missed on the forums. Welcome back
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2025, 2:54 PM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842
Not exactly what we were hoping for but it's better than nothing I guess...

Quote:
Supplemental Work Underway As Lendlease Keeps 30 Van Ness Avenue On Hold, San Francisco



By: Andrew Nelson 5:30 am on July 30, 2025

Plans for the 47-story mixed-use tower at 30 Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco are still on hold. However, a construction crane has returned to the site for limited work on the two-year-old foundation as the project developer, Lendlease, continues to wait before restarting work. The activity will ensure the existing site is stable with improvements to the sidewalk fencing.

The spokesperson for the Australia-based multinational real estate company Lendlease has confirmed with YIMBY that Hayes Point remains on hold, and that the current activity is related to public safety and ensuring structural integrity. This update comes just months after the developer and the city agreed on a deal to improve the financial feasibility of the entitled plans for a 47-story mixed-use tower. The agreement includes amendments to the 2020-approved entitlements, including a slight increase in office capacity, a sharp reduction in retail space, and the removal of the on-site affordable housing requirements.

...

New building permits were issued in mid-June for “supplemental level 3 bracing of [existing] support of excavation system…” This permit estimated the work would cost around $4 million. According to Lendlease, crews will also make modifications to the site fence and walkway along Fell Street. As the statement by Lendlease’s spokesperson states, the timeline for when construction on Hayes Point might start depends on market conditions changing and increased optimism for a viable future where the mixed-use project could succeed. Previously, the developer estimated construction could cost a quarter billion dollars. The project is also just one of several in limbo in the Market-Octavia area, formerly named The Hub, as recently highlighted by the San Francisco Business Times.
https://sfyimby.com/2025/07/supplemental...n-ness-avenue-on-hold-san-francisco.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2025, 2:55 PM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Aug 2, 2025, 10:47 AM
tall/awkward tall/awkward is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 207
So sick of these gaping open sores in the city. How is this allowed?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2026, 2:54 AM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842


Quote:
Downtown S.F.’s other stalled megaproject may be poised for a reset, and a new owner
By Laura Waxmann, Staff Writer
Sep 23, 2026



San Francisco’s long-stalled Oceanwide Center project is finally edging toward a revival. Now, downtown’s other major unfinished construction pit may also be escaping stasis with a sale to a new owner, and potentially a radically different design. Lendlease is once again seeking buyers for its stalled Hayes Point project at 30 South Van Ness, hiring a brokerage to market the site — a move that multiple real estate insiders described as a sign that the Australian developer is preparing to abandon one of its last major footholds in the United States.

This could be the end of Lendlease’s ambitions to build a 47-story skyscraper with 333 homes atop 260,000 square-feet of new office space that was once valued at over $1 billion. The company broke ground on the project, which sits a block over from X Corp.’s (formerly Twitter) abandoned headquarters on the edge of Mid-Market and within walking distance of City Hall, in September 2022. But construction ground to a halt a year later as rising interest rates, elevated office vacancies and broader turmoil in the market challenged the project’s financing. The move comes as the company, under new CEO Nick O’Neil, moves toward a complete withdrawal from the U.S. market, according to sources with insight into the company’s real estate strategy. Lendlease, the Sydney-based real estate and investment management group that has spent decades developing major projects around the world, announced in 2024 that it would be winding down its U.S. and U.K. construction businesses, focusing instead on its home country and international investments platform.

...

The project’s future may now depend on a more drastic redesign. Real estate insiders told the Chronicle in the spring that several residential developers had been circling the site, and were studying whether the project could be converted into an entirely residential project. A spokesperson for the city’s Office of Economic Development and Workforce Housing, which has worked with a number of the city’s developers to re-entitle major stalled projects and restart construction, said that the city has not met with Lendlease or any other potential buyers since the project’s affordability requirements were changed two years ago. The spokesperson said the city would welcome a residential project at 30 Van Ness. Housing, underwritten at a lower basis than the original mixed-use project, may be the only way to get the project out of the ground, according to one local developer, who spoke with the Chronicle on the condition of anonymity.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/realestate/article/30-van-ness-hayes-point-lendlease-22445908.php
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2026, 3:41 PM
theskysthelimit theskysthelimit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 55
IMO, there is still a big ? On this project. During Covid, this project did not pencil out and Lendlease tried to sell it with no buyers. The City dropped the BMR requirements and Lendlease put out a statement that it made the project more feasible .

Obviously, they want to get out of the U.S. completely they might get someone like SF Recovery fund.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2026, 3:45 PM
38 Geary 38 Geary is offline
你的媽媽
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bay
Posts: 11,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by theskysthelimit View Post
IMO, there is still a big ? On this project. During Covid, this project did not pencil out and Lendlease tried to sell it with no buyers. The City dropped the BMR requirements and Lendlease put out a statement that it made the project more feasible .

Obviously, they want to get out of the U.S. completely they might get someone like SF Recovery fund.
Hopefully there will be a viable buyer this time around.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:35 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.