Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204
The population clock is adding people at a rate too high. I believe Canada added roughly 62,000 people in Q1. It's also on a downward trajectory, as many of the temporary students and workers leave. I would not be surprise if the population stagnates or even decreases slightly by Q3.
|
I agree. Canada's population growth has collapsed which is a good thing for our housing crisis and overburdened healthcare system.
Comparing our 2023 Q1 to 2024, the difference is massive. Our total pop growth fell from 271k to 63, in Ontario is was 126k to 11, and in BC it was 34k to 3. Manitoba was 10 to 4k. That's right, Manitoba grew in real numbers by more than BC. NS/PEI/NF all saw population declines. I expect the Canadapopclock to be further revised down like it has been for the last 2 quarters. Canada will probably be at negative growth by the fall as more and more students/TFW see their permits expire and are forced out of the country.
Even mighty Alberta saw it's population growth more than cut in half but it still accounted for nearly half of the population growth for the whole country. As I have stated before, Alberta has the healthiest rate of population growth because it is not completely dependent upon immigration/students/TFWs like nearly every other one. Alberta has a healthy balance of immigration, the youngest population in the country, and strong in-migration from every other province. Even that however, due to probably another downward revision when the new quarterly report comes out, we will see it fall back to under 5 million, if only by a bit.
This is the population growth reversal Canada so desperately needs if we are to regain our standard of living and veer our economic growth away from our highly unproductive real estate based one.