When I saw that F-150, I immediately noticed it looked like it belonged to a pool company with all that swimming pool equipment. And then I saw the guy with the pool company shirt. I felt bad for him, he was probably on his way to work and then this happened.
I guess I didn't think about that possibility with the Nissan; I thought it would end up at a junkyard as well. I'd be wary of buying a car at auction, then... It might be a car that was in a really bad accident, with replaced airbags. My guess is that car insurance companies don't pay for replaced airbags because there's too much liability involved, because improperly installed airbags can deploy and kill or seriously injure a passenger.
Cars that are fairly new and are "totaled" out are fairly often sent to auction and sold with rebuilt titles though looking at your last photo again, the unibody is bent so that might actually be junked and/or parted out.
I asked this guy what model year his beautiful Cadillac convertible was. He said 1967. I asked if I could take a picture, and he said yes. Sunday, April 13, 2025.
Photo by me
__________________ "I guess the only time people think about injustice is when it happens to them."
~ Charles Bukowski
Seen on the street, a beautifully preserved 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. This was the flagship performance model.
It actually had concealed headlights which are open here.
^^love this time of the year with cars coming out.
That MRII is one of the best. LOVE
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
Made a new car friendo! Was a lovely sunny 70F day, so went for an afternoon drive and pulled off at a spot to snap some photos and a MK5 Supra ended up pulling up as well. He also had the same idea in mind. After a few minutes, he was like ayooo wanna pull up closer to my car and get some shots together? So I was like yuh I'm down!
Working to get my s2k out by June 1 with some minor work required.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish
Pulled my old Ford Ranger out of the garage for a drive around the block and a quick wash the other day. Bought it new in 1997 and has held up pretty well after almost 30 years.
__________________
Who are you people and where is my horse? - G. Carlin
Working to get my s2k out by June 1 with some minor work required.
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc
Pulled my old Ford Ranger out of the garage for a drive around the block and a quick wash the other day. Bought it new in 1997 and has held up pretty well after almost 30 years.
Super clean! Looks like it could be listed on Bring a Trailer or something.
Attended an 11 year anniversary party hosted by one of the local track oriented performance shops in the Bay Area. Complimentary drinks on the alignment rack!
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish