HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #521  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2025, 1:51 PM
jayden jayden is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: JERSEY
Posts: 1,600
Not quite at the Google tower yet but should surpass this month.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #522  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2025, 2:01 PM
GeorgiaPeanuts GeorgiaPeanuts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
She is going to be a monster tower. I'm praying someone develops the other side of that lot and hides the backside of that deck. It is going to be a massive wall for a while otherwise.
I'd also be nice if they extended 11th street to Spring Street. Its halfway there in a way with that surface lot off of W Peachtree.

Its a long walk between 12th and 10th with no way for pedestrians to cross the street.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #523  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2025, 3:13 PM
Sojourner_Terminus Sojourner_Terminus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
I'd also be nice if they extended 11th street to Spring Street. Its halfway there in a way with that surface lot off of W Peachtree.

Its a long walk between 12th and 10th with no way for pedestrians to cross the street.
Yeah, I hope that happens one day too. Ive been hoping whenever those buildings and that parking lot are redeveloped one day the developer will hand it over to the city or just reconnect 11th street themselves.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #524  
Old Posted Apr 4, 2025, 4:26 PM
Julien Julien is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: ATL/Atlantic Station
Posts: 1,105
There are a couple of buildings between 11th to Spring. I bet the property owners are wanting to hold out for "high rise" money. So it would require eminent domain.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #525  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2025, 2:37 AM
Metrophile Metrophile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
There are a couple of buildings between 11th to Spring. I bet the property owners are wanting to hold out for "high rise" money. So it would require eminent domain.
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I could swear I recall hearing that they are owned by GA Tech.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #526  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2025, 2:25 PM
MarketsWork MarketsWork is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrophile View Post
Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I could swear I recall hearing that they are owned by GA Tech.
As you're looking at the photo, the lot to the left of the parking lot is owned by Turner Communications (0.41 acres at 1038 West Peachtree). The parking lot to the right is owned by Georgia Tech Foundation (1.78 acres at 1052 West Peachtree). Both tracts extend westward to Spring Street. Extending 11th Street across West Peachtree to Spring Street would require compensation for almost a third of GTF's tract, since its parking sits right where 11th Street would go.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #527  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2025, 2:21 PM
(four 0 four)'s Avatar
(four 0 four) (four 0 four) is offline
i ain't no bubba
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,720
Taken this morning. The residential portion is only 1/4 of the way up!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #528  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2025, 2:26 PM
SteveD's Avatar
SteveD SteveD is offline
Back on the road again
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Atlanta Village
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Taken this morning. The residential portion is only 1/4 of the way up!

That appears to be about 10 floors of residential...I know I could search the thread...how many residential floors are planned? Upwards of 40? This is going to have a profound impact on the skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #529  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2025, 5:10 PM
Sojourner_Terminus Sojourner_Terminus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
That appears to be about 10 floors of residential...I know I could search the thread...how many residential floors are planned? Upwards of 40? This is going to have a profound impact on the skyline.
60 stories total, I think 42 are residential. So another 32 to go. Its going to be so tall. The crane is very visible from 85 heading south. Only a matter of time before she's peeking over the skyline.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #530  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2025, 5:13 PM
Sojourner_Terminus Sojourner_Terminus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 363
Also, nice photo 404. Nine15 Midtown?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #531  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2025, 12:18 AM
AtlHeel AtlHeel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 316
It's starting to be visible from Piedmont Park!



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #532  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2025, 3:07 PM
(four 0 four)'s Avatar
(four 0 four) (four 0 four) is offline
i ain't no bubba
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
Also, nice photo 404. Nine15 Midtown?
Thanks, Spire. I've enjoyed watching over 23 high-rise towers added to the view in the last 7 years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #533  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2025, 3:20 PM
Sojourner_Terminus Sojourner_Terminus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by (four 0 four) View Post
Thanks, Spire. I've enjoyed watching over 23 high-rise towers added to the view in the last 7 years.
Thats awesome. You have a great view of all the construction going on northwards.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #534  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2025, 9:30 PM
shivtim's Avatar
shivtim shivtim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Midtown Atlanta
Posts: 2,624
Update:



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #535  
Old Posted Apr 14, 2025, 11:43 PM
Sojourner_Terminus Sojourner_Terminus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 363
Very nice. I was commuting in to school this morning and tried to quickly count the apartment floors as I drove through the connector. I counted 12 going on 13, so close enough. Looks like 11 going on 12 here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #536  
Old Posted Apr 17, 2025, 1:43 PM
Julien Julien is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: ATL/Atlantic Station
Posts: 1,105
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #537  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2025, 3:03 PM
smArTaLlone smArTaLlone is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,813
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #538  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2025, 5:40 PM
Julien Julien is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: ATL/Atlantic Station
Posts: 1,105




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #539  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2025, 2:36 PM
tinyslam tinyslam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 190
I took some shots from just across the connector. Cladding is starting on the residential portion.





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #540  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2025, 5:20 PM
Julien Julien is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: ATL/Atlantic Station
Posts: 1,105
3 Years (Apr 2022) ago and they had only completed 2 floors.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.