HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2025, 12:53 AM
Tvisforme's Avatar
Tvisforme Tvisforme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metro Vancouver
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
I'm really not sure but I think the TV doc might be based on the first book in the list. I still haven't found any info on the doc.

Just thought I'd post these Google previews about the early days of TV in Canada. You can get quite a bit of information out of some previews

When Television Was Young Primetime Canada 1952-1967 Paul Rutherford
Turn Up the Contrast CBC Television Drama since 1952 Mary Jane Miller
Documentary Television in Canada From National Public Service to Global Marketplace David Hogarth
CTV-The Network That Means Business Michael Nolan
The Pierce-Arrow Showroom is Leaking An Insider's View of the CBC Alex Barris (No Preview)

Some other interesting sites

CBC Directory by Blaine Allan

​A complete listing of television programs produced in Canada and broadcast by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation between 1952 and 1982, listed alphabetically

There is a 15 page series pf webpages that document
Television Listings For Canada's Eastern Maritime Provinces

These begin in 1966 and end in 1987. I think these would be pretty similar across Canada with some differences in programming and time but still present a familiar picture.

I can't seem to find a way to advance the pages so at the end of the first url lifestorytvlist0.html
Change the 0 to a 1 to go to the next page
lifestorytvlist1.html
Continue until you get to 15 for 1987
lifestorytvlist15.html
Thank you very much - this looks like a veritable gold mine of Canadian TV history.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:12 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.