Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes
If you take a drive out there you’ll see that the ENTIRE area north of the Yvonne subdivision is apartments, townhouses, duplexes etc. I’m not suggesting all building should be mixed use, but at least have some! It would be nice to be able to walk to a restaurant, or a business without having to use your car.
|
Exactly! At least the residents of Yvonne own the trees behind their houses from Lorette to Champion. The original plan was to cut all those down.
Another weird planning move - putting 3 huge apartment buildings but no sidewalks on the street.
I use a full lane when walking in protest of the stupidity of urban planners not ever thinking beyond the almighty car. People complain about traffic now - wait until the apartments at the end of Yvonne/Dieppe are built. It used to be faster for me to drive downtown, now I can bike there faster.