Quote:
Originally Posted by tenth
A recent flyer said that they were told that the company making (or maybe servicing) the carts they were using is out of business, making repairs, maintenance and replacements a problem. They were told the golf carts are it for now, and eventually they'll yank out the whole track.
The existing moving walkways are down for repairs all the time, so hopefully those get replaced. I flew quite a bit last year and it was very rare that the carts were faster than the walkways, even on longer jaunts between A and C/D.
|
I am in the airport once a month, sometimes more for work travel and while I never connect in YYC (home airport) its just a bay layout for connections. I get what they were trying to do but the execution is horrid.
The carts block people coming in from C and B(when it was open), they still don't really go all the way to C/D, never make sense if your connecting domestically, take up way too much space, frequencies all over the place.
The airport is just too wide for current use and something should be done. No idea what that is but might just be use B peir substantially more to cut down on walks and connections when that reopens in 2026.