Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoNerd
Imagine Gatineau had any vision at all and pushed to have Slush Puppy Centre built there with a hotel or condo buildings attached, instead of out in suburbia beside big box stores and open fields? They could be stealing concerts and shows from Ottawa while at the same time revitalizing their downtown.
|
One of the earlier plans was to have it behind Terrace de la Chaudière where W/E II and III are u/c (I believe was the location). I don't remember all the details, but the budget was out of control, they didn't have a partner to help finance (like VMSO with Slush Puppie) and didn't include any new additional ice surfaces.
I'm hoping the Sens arena will help Le Vieux, maybe even more than a junior rink would have. The ultimate location for Slush is still a decently cool "urban" area with lots of other City services and entertainment options, and good transit. It's also near the Cegep, which might attract a lot of current and future fans.