Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef
Bad news:
Hugo's on First Street has closed. This doesn't surprise me. After Sin Muerte failed, the Poole people took a distinguished building and filled it with a limited menu of the same rolled tacos, guacamole, and margaritas that can be found everywhere, only with an unexplained cartoon bear as a mascot. I hope someone with a little more vision comes along with a better plan for this space. This development also makes me wonder if the same folks are still going to be selected for the city's RFP to develop an all-day restaurant in the old firehouse next to Hance Park.
Good news:
The space at CityScape that was formerly occupied by Trapper's Sushi and Squid Ink Sushi before that is now going to become a new location for Tucson-based Obon Sushi. Obon already has a presence in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area with two restaurants in Scottsdale and a slightly different concept known as Bisutoro at Biltmore Fashion Park. This will be there first foray into downtown Phoenix. I've enjoyed eating at their original location in downtown Tucson and look forward to having them at CityScape.
|
I don't think I've seen it mentioned but Full Speed Chicken & Ribs closed in late Nov. Food was pretty damn good but kinda pricey. Each time I went, it was kind of dead so maybe not surprised.
Also, Pemberton House 2.0 is making a come back and will open later this month!
https://dtphx.org/post/pemberton-20-a-reinvention-of-downtowns-beloved-community-retreat