Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215
I mean, it's a step forward from the city I remember twenty years ago. The one with tons and tons of surface parking and a strip of fast food along 400 South and North Temple.
Yes it's souless right now. Let it age a bit. And they are the population/customers who can feed even better development in the future. (I do agree that demolishing meaningful old buildings is bad. Saving old for the sake of old isn't great, either).
|
I think they'll be just as soulless in 20 years as they are today - if not more so as I don't expect these buildings to age all that well.
Go read some of the reviews on the Metro - which is one of the first of these styles built downtown (in what, 2003?). Or Elevate (used to be Emigration Court or something years ago when it was built at the start of the 21st Century).
They're shoddy buildings, especially since they're supposed to be high-end. It's the same with Citifront. They're all garbage in the long run, unfortunately.
And while many of those older apartments are garbage too, at least they're pretty-to-look at garbage lmao
You know, like the Smith Apartments that were home to Harry and Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber