HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #141  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2023, 8:41 PM
summersm343's Avatar
summersm343 summersm343 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 18,474
     
     
  #142  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2024, 5:06 PM
mja mja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 522
Not sure that it means anything, but I passed a guy on the street down by Jefferson holding a gigantic poster of what I think was a new rendering of a building here. I didn't get a good glimpse of it - he was in the way - but it seemed tall and kinda beefy. It may have been slightly similar to the rendering on the first post. You could still see the mural, which is how I knew what it was. I'd have taken a photo but I had a pastry and a coffee in hand.
     
     
  #143  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2024, 5:17 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Not sure that it means anything, but I passed a guy on the street down by Jefferson holding a gigantic poster of what I think was a new rendering of a building here. I didn't get a good glimpse of it - he was in the way - but it seemed tall and kinda beefy. It may have been slightly similar to the rendering on the first post. You could still see the mural, which is how I knew what it was. I'd have taken a photo but I had a pastry and a coffee in hand.
I love chance happenings like this. Very funny.

I hope this project is still happening, but I have little faith it'd be under current ownership given everything going on with him in court.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
     
     
  #144  
Old Posted Apr 15, 2024, 6:18 PM
mja mja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I love chance happenings like this. Very funny.

I hope this project is still happening, but I have little faith it'd be under current ownership given everything going on with him in court.
Looking at it now, and trying to recall as much detail as possible in what was about a 5 second partial glimpse, it's definitely some sort of variation of the version in the first post. The crown in the rendering was very similar or perhaps even the same, but there were some changes with massing (I think) and facade treatment (definitely).
     
     
  #145  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2024, 8:33 PM
El Duderino's Avatar
El Duderino El Duderino is offline
build awesome buildings
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 652
looks like this is going to be some sort of public space, and i kinda like it:

A Community Oasis for Broad & Spring Garden
https://jackphillyre.substack.com/p/a-community-oasis-for-broad-and-spring
10/16/2024
     
     
  #146  
Old Posted Oct 16, 2024, 8:58 PM
PHLtoNYC PHLtoNYC is online now
Chris
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
looks like this is going to be some sort of public space, and i kinda like it:

A Community Oasis for Broad & Spring Garden
https://jackphillyre.substack.com/p/a-community-oasis-for-broad-and-spring
10/16/2024
Jack's question at the end... "What do you want to see go in this space?"

My answer: A 30-story mixed-use tower.
     
     
  #147  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2024, 12:33 PM
mcgrath618's Avatar
mcgrath618 mcgrath618 is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Clark Park, Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,040
There aren't too many parks in Callowhill. I think this is a great use of the site! There are plenty of other vacant lots in the area that can continue to be developed.
__________________
Philadelphia Transportation Thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=164129
     
     
  #148  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2024, 1:29 PM
skyhigh07 skyhigh07 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
There aren't too many parks in Callowhill. I think this is a great use of the site! There are plenty of other vacant lots in the area that can continue to be developed.
I’m guessing this will serve as more of a temporary park until conditions change for redevelopment. Probably a smart move. That intersection could use some sprucing up.
     
     
  #149  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2024, 2:01 PM
bdurk bdurk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Philly
Posts: 371
I really hope it's just a temporary use. This lot is an incredible lot for a tower and a residential one needs to be built here imo. It's too close to the BSL to be a park. If it was up to me we'd have a 500 footer here, a northern Arthaus if you will. I hope they develop this eventually.
     
     
  #150  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2024, 2:04 PM
BroadandMarket BroadandMarket is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 571
Without constant cleaning and policing, I don't think a public space is a good idea here. I think it would be a neighborhood nuisance more than an asset. It's just not a space someone wants to sit in a park, surrounded on 2 sides by 5 lane roads. It's loud and dirty.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.