HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Oct 15, 2024, 5:39 AM
casper's Avatar
casper casper is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria
Posts: 13,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst View Post
With questions about their viability still overshadowing Flair, a portion of the public would choose other options even if they wanted to support the market disrupter. So I’m not surprised hometown advantage wasn’t enough to help Flair in the fight against Westjet. Although I don’t think Flair has done the best job of marketing that idea, either.
Part of the problem is Flair business model does not work for smaller centers in Canada. You need to sell connecting tickets for any of this to work.

WestJet, Air Canada and Porter can make a city like Victoria work because they are connecting into a hub with onward connections. Flair I guess could perhaps make Las Vegas or Toronto work from here, but I don't think anything else would have the daily demand to fill a nonstop without connections.

Same thing for a city like Saskatoon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:22 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.